Life

Do you think it's possible that people can ever change their minds on here?
Poll
Yes
No
Show Results
You can only vote on one answer.
It seems that every so-called "debate" is just people screaming into an echo chamber. I'm not American, but it seems the worst offenders for this are supporters of Trump, not that they're alone by any means.
3
|
pride49 · 26-30, M
I think politics are stupid. So I don't participate
avatiu9 · 22-25, M
[@351465,pride49] I'm not just talking about politics, but I hear ya
TaoTeChing · 46-50, F
I agree, though I have a different group in mind
Starchild1983 · 36-40, F
No, I don’t think either side will ever change the side of the others I also don’t think they actually listen to the other side, they just wait for their turn to talk
latinbutterfly · 41-45, F
After observing many debates on here and being in some myself, I think that some people's minds are permanently closed and there is no getting through to them.
Adstar · 51-55, M
Some will no listen and will not change..

Some will listen and consider and then decide to change..

You don't know which is which until you test them out..

Oh and as far as trump is concerned.. Most of the hate ranting i see comes from people who are suffering Trump derangement syndrome.. Having had their minds fed by their fake biased media..

I am not an American either.. But given the choice between the average Trump supporter and those violent rioting fanatics of antifa and the race baiting BLM movement.. I would pick trump supporters any day of the week..
avatiu9 · 22-25, M
[@1086573,Adstar] Clearly. But I haven't come across many, if any, so far.
midnightrose · 36-40, F
I don't think debating changes minds. In debates people are just trying to prove themselves right. Talking to understand [i]and then[/i] responding after giving actual thought and consideration to what they've said [i]can[/i] change minds. Possibly yours, possibly theirs.
avatiu9 · 22-25, M
[@600561,midnightrose] Perhaps this site just isn't the right place for that sort of argument.
midnightrose · 36-40, F
[@1127564,avatiu9] My understanding is this is supposed to be a place to find others who you have things in common with. I don't think it's necessarily meant to argue. Questions certainly open the conversation up to multiple opinions, so I think when people share we should be ready for opposition to what we might think.
avatiu9 · 22-25, M
[@600561,midnightrose] Yes I agree. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of people are not ready to have their beliefs challenged and start hurling insults.
I have seen quite a few that delete posts and block people because they are only after an echo chamber.
questionWeaver · 56-60, M
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSsZAD_1sy8]
smiler2012 · 56-60, M
avattiu9 always up to debate and reason and be persuaded to alter my stance if convinced but trump 🐑 are so 🐷 headed and blinkered visioned all you end uo is get personal insults

Life

Do you think it's possible that people can ev... | Life | Similar Worlds