Work
Only logged in members can view the full post, comments, images and videos.
Gaiia · F
Now it is. It's more practical, less disappointment.
Yes indeed. In my case I became a workaholic. I still am and very good relationships have suffered the consequences..
There's just something about knowing that there is always work to be done, whereas love, people, emotions are fleeting. I know work isn't a substitute for a loving relationship, but seeing the sometimes immediate results of something you've poured your soul into feels so rewarding.[@325375,Majorlatency]
[@843795,AnonymouslyYours] one would hope that love is not fleeting, however it often is. Lust and love get confused. I hold myself to blame. Work has rules, boundaries, continuum and rewards. Its awful easy to fall foul of its obsession.
exexec · 61-69, M
No. Nothing was ever more important than my love for my wife and family.
Becksta · 36-40
No, I never saw the jobs that I worked as a career that offered me much progression... even now, the cleaning jobs that the state tried to make me apply for don't really offer me much by the way of career progression.
Reject · 26-30, M
I’ve never felt that way. A job to me is just a way to make needed money. I think it’s hard to love anything you have to do.
DDonde · 26-30, M
No, not really.
It has never been in the past; and now that I actually have a profession, career that I truly LOVE, I am learning to balance and make sure that I have time for my loved ones. I am not worried about being a wife or gf, single and divorced from son's father, son is almost 20, going to uni and living at home with me. I do not worry or feel that he needs more mommy time, he has required MUCH less of my time and help in the past 5 years, decreasing and freeing me more to do what I love and make my livelihood and a new home for the both of us.
Adstar · 51-55, M
Nope.. People are far more important then what one does to earn a living..

Work