Work

Is it normal to want to quit jobs in under a month or do my jobs just suck?
Tired and ready to go home

MORE DETAILS:

The issue is that I'm the only one in this Building who works for my company and I don't have help. It's frustrating when you only had 3 partial days of training, need help and have no one to assist you.
Having to waits hours for email responses and phone call returns is highly annoying
5
|
Edited: 4 days ago
MaryJanine · 61-69, F
In today's office world, EMail memos and office responses and phone calls (both ways) are the common threads. I worked 25 years for one certain company and if we weren't on the phone making a call, we were accepting one, typing, writing down virtual information, using the PC. There is ALWAYS something to do in an office when you are waiting for that return call or looking for that return message.

When I was 17, I was a switchboard operator. The first day was spent in making up my employee records. The second, I was sent downtown to train how to use the switchboard. The third day, I was on it, on my own. No one sat with me for additional training. It was assumed I knew the job - and I did.
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@348565,MaryJanine] sure, I have little tasks that I can do. But when a client is needing information, and I have have not received that knowledge or had the type of scenario, there is nothing I can do about it until someone gets back with me.
My "training" was very informal'. Every case that I have is different. It takes more than 3 [b]partial[/b] days to learn this. I'm not operating a switchboard. You think you are wiser/smarter than me for knowing how to do your job in one day, and that's fine.
MaryJanine · 61-69, F
[@467302,iamnikki] I never said I was smarter than you are. But no one expects someone who has had three partial days of training to know everything about it, either. My "switchboard" looked like a giant rotary dial phone with a board resembling a modern computer game with lights.
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@348565,MaryJanine] I'm familiar with what a switchboard is. I watch lots of documentaries
Meepmeep · 26-30, F
I want to quit all my jobs
HannahSky · F
Sounds like they suck. Try something new.
nonsensiclesnail · 41-45, F
Depends on why you are quitting I imagine. sometimes Jobs just suck and we must learn to, well, deal with it. Unfortunately.
I do hope you find something that is not terrible though.
if you're unhappy you're just gonna hate all the jobs you get. give up and do what you like
Silentspectator · 41-45, F
[@467302,iamnikki] learn to enjoy the fact that you are your own boss in the present profile.
I was in the same situation and had a gala time throughout coz i adapted to the situation pretty soon and the work I indulged in haS always been my passion
Blessings.
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@24735,Silentspectator] thanks. And what kind of work do you do
Silentspectator · 41-45, F
[@467302,iamnikki] into writing.
ViciDraco · 31-35, M
Maybe some of both? I find the people who love working to be the weird ones.
PerthSurfer · 46-50, M
I've always disliked most new jobs for the first month, even the ones that turned out great.
nudewalker · 61-69, M
It’s the difference between a job and career. A job is for income, a career is something you live to do.
GhoulishDelight95 · 22-25, F
I quit at least 2
MaryJanine · 61-69, F
You and your jobs are poor fits. Don't take a job just to make money. If you are doing what you are actually saying, you are going to have a poor resume and a boss won't give you a decent break. Sty with whatever you're doing right now while you look for something that appeals to you and you can do.
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@348565,MaryJanine] more details.
I went to school for sociology and public health.my job is basically social work. I have not quit any job I'm under a month. It was just a question implying that my day/week has been so bad that I [i]feel[/i] like quitting.

MORE DETAILS

Work

Is it normal to want to quit jobs in under a month... | Work | Similar Worlds