I "What Does Not Kill Me, Will Only Make Me Stronger"

I Respectfully Disagree...
-"What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"? It won't make me or you any stronger. What doesn't kill us, only leaves us more broken on the inside, nothing more. It is the courage and the will to press on, in spite of the pain, that becomes the strength we all crave.
0
|
ImMira
Some people are broken so bad it's ruined their lifes. That does of cource not make them stronger. But those who've experienced lots of bad things AND have somehow maneged to still live life, are the strongest of us all. I've been broken, and i will never be broken again. It didn't kill me. It made me stronger.
rensef
Good for you. You're blessed! Now reach out and help another struggling soul, then you would not have lived in vain.
MGoods
I used to believe that sentiment, because I often learned from my experiences. The last destructive experience taught me a lot, but it has had a significant impact on my life and I doubt anything positive could come of it.
rensef
You're wrong my dear, because life comes with the good and the bad; therefore, regardless of the enormity of each, we MUST look for the positive. If you look deeply there is always some good to be found in every situation. Keep pushing forward even if you have to crawl...there's always a rainbow after the storm.
MGoods
Thank you.
rensef
You are so right! "There's no gain without pain" rings true in how we confront our trials. Courage brings strength to push forward, and to never give up or in; even when we fall.
Mapping
Yes and no. Without the think that broke us in the first place you wouldn't know you have the courage or the will to press on. So in a way, it all starts there, with the thing that "tried to kill you"...

Content Rating: Mildly Adult

I Respectfully Disagree... ... | I "What Does Not Kill Me, Will Only Make Me Stronger" | Similar Worlds