Seeking Advice

Do you think this is a good deal?
2017 (used) Chevy.

$12,000 USD

21,000 miles?

I plan to take my mechanic to check out any cars I'm interested in before buying..
1
|
strongbow · 41-45, M
What kind of chevy?
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@395188,strongbow] chevy sonic. Never heard of it
strongbow · 41-45, M
[@467302,iamnikki] Im not real familiar with sonics either but for that amount of miles that looks like a pretty good deal compared to ones currently for sale on craigslist
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@395188,strongbow] yes, that's what my dad said. But I'm thinking about the lie the sales guy told. He said their cars are priced less than what's on kbb. But I'm finding the opposite true. Even when I select 'excelent' condition for the above car, the price range is 7-8 k...it says trade in value though, maybe that's why
strongbow · 41-45, M
[@467302,iamnikki] Yeah you have to check whether you are buying from a private party, or a dealer... and trade in value is always gonna be real low, dont ever go by that when buying
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@395188,strongbow] oh well I don't know what I'm doing then.. I looked on another site,https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/chevrolet/sonic/2017

and it says the cost of owning over 5 years is roughly 24,000. Thats for gas, maintenance, insurance
strongbow · 41-45, M
[@467302,iamnikki] It looks to be a highly rated reliable car and fairly low miles... i wouldnt dismiss it if thats what you like... and yeah cars cost money, no avoiding that
iamnikki · 26-30, F
[@395188,strongbow] I don't know what I want. I just want a good car, no more than 10,000. But that one was 11 so not bad if it's truly a good deal you know? I tried to talk down the price, they said no since they claim it's below kbb. It's a place called Drive Time. Not sure of your location.

Seeking Advice

Do you think this is a good deal? | Seeking Advice | Replies | Similar Worlds