Why do girls and women get called out for sitting with their legs open but boys and men don’t?

I mean when we wear dresses of course we need to sit with our legs closed but if we’re wearing pants yeah we should still but come on! Females get harsher treatment.
My aunt scolded at my sister and I to close our legs but never out brother. She said, “Girls should not be sitting like that! Be LADIES!!”
adorbz · 22-25, F
because society is dumb 🤔 sit however you’re comfortable and let the haters rage 🎶
[@1027452,adorbz] It’s stupid
ASLAN · 26-30, M
Cause ladies are precious..
[@502174,ASLAN] So? I mean thank you but still. WE get punished more than you men do.
cycleman · 56-60, M
cuz guys see spread legs as an invite to dive in.
[@134288,cycleman] That’s stupid. Don’t look then. We have every right to sit how we want, accept when we have dresses and skirts on.
justbob · 56-60, M
Because legs apart gives a man the space he needs ...
[@428616,justbob] So that’s why you guys don’t get yelled at? Man what kind of world is this?! You guys don’t get yelled at and is women get scolded for sitting with out legs open.
morrgin · 41-45, F
Unhealthy for legs to be crossed. Knees together at least. Women sit like men and they look sloppy. Men evidently just look relaxed and comfortable.
[@668319,morrgin] So we look sloppy when we sit comfortable and men don’t? I hate being a damn young woman! We get screamed and get called sluts and crappy for sitting a certain way.
morrgin · 41-45, F
[@1132160,SweetiePieLay] we get called lots of names for many simple things that men don't even think twice about
[@668319,morrgin] That’s why I envy boys and men because they have it easy. We get called sloppy and looking for trouble for us for sitting a certain way.
SageWanderer · 70-79, M
If it makes you feel better my daughter gets on my case at times when I wear a kilt.