If you had lived during the Prohibition, would you have been a Moonshiner, or a runner?

Or would you been one of the normal folk? Or a copper?
Azlotto · M
A drinker.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/aug/26/lawless-prohibition-gangsters-speakeasies

"Those behind Prohibition saw a ban on the sale of 'intoxicating liquors' as a crusade against a moral evil. But the big winners were Al Capone and the mob"

UnderLockDown · 18-21, M
[@16806,cherokeepatti] No? Just normal folk, living a quiet life in the country somewhere?😇
[@1137758,UnderLockDown] If I wanted to drink anything I’d make wine.
GaiusJuliusCaesar · 41-45, M
I'd have ran a speakeasy
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
woulda been poor probably, so normal
A “normal” person, just trying to survive. That’s who my grandparents were—two teachers, a cobbler and a homemaker who also did hair.
UnderLockDown · 18-21, M
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] You have lots of old family stories?
[@1137758,UnderLockDown] Yes, indeed. The cobbler and homemaker had 10 children (the 7th of whom was my mother). He made and repaired shoes, she did hair for something like $1 for a shampoo and set. That’s how they made it through the Depression.
DanteD · 51-55, M
Both...(hic)
I'd have been one of those crooked Irish cops collecting bribes
basilfawlty89 · 31-35, M
I'd have been that guy in the band that's always at the speakeasy.
UnderLockDown · 18-21, M
I would have been that stupid kid with the hot rod...😈🤑
I would have wanted to be a bootlegger, but I wouldn't have the nerve. So, I'd just be a normal poor person. ☹️
UnderLockDown · 18-21, M
[@78387,Stereoguy] So you could make alcohol stills and sell them.😉 There had to be some decent money there.
[@1137758,UnderLockDown] Yes there was. I would actually like to have delivered it, but I would have been scared.