Can you ask a black American what country of Africa they originated from or would that be considered insulting/offensive?
4
|
Peekaboo20 · 22-25, F
They're probably so integrated by now that it's many countries. Some European in them too. Don't ask them. It's rude and pointless.
You would ask a Black American what country of Africa they came from? You are a Republican and voted for Trump, didn't you?
It depends on a few factors.
FreeSpirit1 · 46-50, F
Is the Black American your friend? or just some stranger on the street? It matters.
Aboomachu · 31-35, M
[@157515,FreeSpirit1] manager
SaraTG · 46-50, T
Both insulting & offensive. Remember, the boundaries and walls that define countries are false. They are created by people who have no right to claim what they claim. We all originate from the same place and have no choice in exactly where. So, to claim one is more superior to another Is just crap.
SaraTG · 46-50, T
[@523310,SaraTG] Did I go off on one there?
Slavery made [b]knowing[/b] that for certain impossible. You may recall they weren’t allowed to keep family names or speak their native languages. DNA tests can indicate the nationalities involved, but not the [b]actual[/b] ancestral country of origin.
AMERICA1ST · 51-55, M
It would be considered ignorant if it was understood that you were actually stupid enough not to know that most African Americans cant know where exactly their people come from. The slave trade saw to that.
Mrsbetweenfatandfit · 26-30, F
Probably not but as a white American I’m not sure of all background my ancestors hail from I imagine that’s most people.
Dragon56 · 61-69, M
[@455213,betweenfatandfit] I’m not even sure whether all my ancestors are white, let alone where all of them are from.
I can see how that can be problematic

Can you ask a black American what country of Afric... | Community | Similar Worlds