Have you ever done any charity work? What type?
0
|
Mayumi · 18-21, F
With UNHCR
SpaceCreature · 22-25, F
Yeah, I gave people my attention.
reflectingmonkey · 46-50, M
yes, preparing and delivering food for seniors. what about you ?
LaMiaCosa · 22-25, M
[@9310,reflectingmonkey] None but I feel like I should.
reflectingmonkey · 46-50, M
[@696586,LaMiaCosa] you should, I was thinking about it when I was you age and then waited until I was 40 to start. you meet the nicest people, its great.
Boxing up food at the food bank.
4meAndyou · F
I started by volunteering at a women's drug recovery shelter. They lived there in a big old farmhouse with their children. I started as the receptionist, and then I became a child care worker, and then a driver. When the shelter relocated too far to drive, I volunteered at the local homeless shelter for families with children. Eventually I was hired on. Later I volunteered at the local senior center, and became the receptionist there, and volunteered at the food pantry at the same homeless shelter where I used to work.
Marcette88 · 31-35, F
Yep. Worked at free clinics and womans shelter.
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
Yes animal rescue. Specifically dogs.
reflectingmonkey · 46-50, M
[@502796,Sibo191] I've been thinking of volunteering at the animal shelter in my city. is it hard to see all these poor dogs with no one to care for them?
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
Yes. Especially of its a shelter that puts down a lot of dogs. But I mean more to rescues that take in unwanted dogs, either behavior or medical get them healthy and try to find them a good home. Which also explains why I have 4 ranging from 4yrs to 19yrs old.
revenant · F
yeah..with a charity which wanted to help Canadians living in dreadful conditions whether money wise or just distance wise get the max out the health system.
yeah, used to do a lot of it, bit of everything, from volunteering at some of the same shelters i used to live and sleep in, to raising money for vets, and volunteering at nursing homes. all sorts of things when i decided to change my life.

Have you ever done any charity work? What type? | Community | Similar Worlds