Spirituality & Religion

This Friday the world celebrated Good Friday. It is is a Christian holiday commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus and his death at Calvary

[b]Almost 2000 years ago.[/b]

It is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum on the Friday preceding Easter Sunday, this Sunday, and coincide with the Jewish observance of Passover.
It's just a poor imitation of the Pagan festival of Ostara - the Goddess of Spring. Some of the symbolism was taken from Odin's sacrifice on the Yggdrasil Tree.
[@889684,Carazaa] [quote]There is more and more evidence. [/quote]
Simply claiming there is evidence doesn't prove a thing. You need to actually present that evidence for us to see. You make a lot of extraordinary claims but you've never come up with the evidence to support them.
Carazaa · F
[@374012,NortiusMaximus] I know God, The Holy Spirit changed me!
[@889684,Carazaa] Just more unsupported claims. All they prove is your desperation.

Yulianna · 22-25, F
in the Orthodox tradition, Easter sunday this year is 2 may...
Carazaa · F
[@156315,Yulianna] I see! Thank you for that information💞
Yulianna · 22-25, F
[@889684,Carazaa] it is a pleasure...
Wasn’t such a good Friday for him 😬
Carazaa · F
[@417364,Ozymandias] No it was not pleasant for Him but he did it for you and me anyway!
zonavar68 · 51-55, M
It's a day to go to work and eat meat.
TheWildEcho · 56-60, M
[@830706,zonavar68] yes I worked Good Friday but still found time to read about Jesus passion in the gospels and the prophecy in Isaiah 53.
Carazaa · F
[@156315,Yulianna] Jesus is important, not me!
Yulianna · 22-25, F
[@889684,Carazaa] 🙄 i was not referring to you, i was responding to the guy who said he went to work and ate meat.
zonavar68 · 51-55, M
Nothing was good about it. It's only Holy if you feel it is, otherwise it's just another day.
Carazaa · F
[@722316,TheWildEcho] Yes, and to many, that's why I posted it 👍
Carazaa · F
[@830706,zonavar68] It is Holy to many! Jesus died for you whether you believe in Him or not!
zonavar68 · 51-55, M
[@889684,Carazaa] No Jesus (or the human dna sequence to which that title is proscribed) has nothing to do with me.
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
Every Friday is a good Friday when you're an atheist.
(And nobody dies)!

Hope everyone enjoyed their eggs ✌
Carazaa · F
[@763897,Harriet03] Thanks, you too!
Nice! I had pizza tonight. 😁

Spirituality & Religion