Spirituality & Religion

I have been having terrible death anxiety lately. I'm far too aware of my own mortality.
I'm so afraid to die.
3
|
Lilnonames · F
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/48/40/83/Lilnonames-TiUGXbfLbGX4EBK.jpg]
Mushroomfaerie · 26-30, F
That's normal but death isn't really something to be feared its the fact that we don't really understand it and we have morphed it into something morbid and have lots of taboos around it when its just a natural part of life.
When I lost members of my family I felt anxiety around their passing and my own.
I found listening to Alan watts on youtube talking about death very helpful... You should check it out.
Sometimes I still get a wave of fear because its natural but now that I've learned to accept the loss of my loved ones Id be more afraid to live forever than anything.
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
[@656163,Mushroomfaerie] It leads me to think about the continuation of humanity as well, and being an astronomer, I know too much about that too lol
Mushroomfaerie · 26-30, F
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] memento mori. That goes for the species and the planet as well. Unfortunately being alive causes alot of anxiety but in reality its not a big deal
juiceyangel333 · 26-30, F
Why are you afraid?
juiceyangel333 · 26-30, F
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] I don't think it all just disappears. Think of it as energy which just changes form.
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
[@6492,juiceyangel333] I really, really hope you're right.
juiceyangel333 · 26-30, F
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] I believe it, mostly because of losing my mother. I believe her energy is still around
gmatthewb · 46-50, M
Most people are afraid to die, it's perfectly normal. It is something that nobody knows about and the unknown is scary for most people.
DingusScrimm · 31-35, M
I should probably be more concerned with my own mortality, but it usually causes me to think more inversive about it in relation to someone else’s.
DingusScrimm · 31-35, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Yeah, y’know in spite of all the crazy shit that’s happened to you, I’m usually more concerned about rather or not you’re eating enough. 🤨
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
[@428650,DingusScrimm] Speaking of which I need to make breakfast.
DingusScrimm · 31-35, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] go show those eggs and hash browns who’s boss 😏
illusionofself · 22-25, M
Some wise man once said "Die before you die and realize that there's no death."
Rokasu · 31-35, M
Why though?
BlueMetalChick · 22-25, F
[@16030,Rokasu] Because I can't fathom not...existing. Everything I am and everything I've done just ceasing. And the same for everyone else? It makes me feel panicked.
Rokasu · 31-35, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] I guess that’s one of the points of procreation. Leave a little something behind.
Jm31xxx · 36-40, M
As far as Im aware (Im sorta like a pimp of assassins atm), there are no active hits on you currently. If this changes, I'll give you the option of out bidding any hitmen that may or may not have been deployed to sneak into your place and put 2 bullets in your cranium. Then one in your heart, just to be sure.

USD plz
TeddyRock · 31-35, M
Maybe you should give someone an enema.
cuda68 · 46-50, M
I know how you feel, had that feeling last couple of months. It does pass though.

Spirituality & Religion

I have been having terrible death anxiety lately. ... | Spirituality & Religion | Similar Worlds