Spirituality & Religion

This Is Coming Soon
Prophesy Of Revelation 8

8 When the Lamb opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2 Then I saw the seven angels who stand before God, and seven trumpets were given to them. 3 And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer, and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne, 4 and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, rose before God from the hand of the angel. 5 Then the angel took the censer and filled it with fire from the altar and threw it on the earth, and there were peals of thunder, rumblings,[a] flashes of lightning, and an earthquake.

6 Now the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to blow them.

7 The first angel blew his trumpet, and there followed hail and fire, mixed with blood, and these were thrown upon the earth. And a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.

8 The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. 9 A third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10 The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood.[b] A third of the waters became wormwood, and many people died from the water, because it had been made bitter.

12 The fourth angel blew his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of their light might be darkened, and a third of the day might be kept from shining, and likewise a third of the night.

13 Then I looked, and I heard an eagle crying with a loud voice as it flew directly overhead, “Woe, woe, woe to those who dwell on the earth, at the blasts of the other trumpets that the three angels are about to blow!”
1
|
That passage is a metaphor for the political situation of the time. The writer couldn't come out and say anything about the Roman government directly, so he expressed it in poetic terms.

Also, has anyone noticed that it's written in the past tense? This isn't a "prophecy" of something in the future; it's a description of something in the past.
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@1026,GeorgeWashingtonJr] [quote]"God did it" is an answer, just not a satisfying one.[/quote]

God is not a man that He is capable of lying in His Word (Holy Bible). If you're going to tell me that men wrote the Word of God, you're half right. As the Scripture says,

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [c]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16 & 17

It also says,

19 [i]And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; 20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private [j]interpretation, 21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but [k]holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:19-21

So, don't take my word for it, take His.
[@733370,GodSpeed63] I've read the Bible, and came to a very different conclusion than you did.

Putting aside whether God is lying or not, I asked you for an explanation of a specific mechanism. If you don't know the answer, then just admit it.

It makes more sense that the Noah's Ark story is a fictional account. Even aside from the impossibility of moving that many animals and keeping them alive for that long, the observed genetic diversity among living species is greater than would be possible with that number of ancestors. Not to mention, there isn't enough water on earth for it to rain worldwide for 40 days.

So if the Bible is fictional there, it could be fictional everywhere. Certainly all of the "miracles" are fictional as we never observe them today.
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@1026,GeorgeWashingtonJr] [quote]I've read the Bible, and came to a very different conclusion than you did[/quote]

There's only one interpretation of the Word of God (Holy Bible) and that belongs to Him since He wrote it. No man can accurately interpret the Word of God accurately unless the Spirit of God dwells within him.

hippyjoe1955 · 61-69, M
My ancestors tried to go to Jerusalem in 1884 because they were convinced the end was nigh and they wanted to 'be there and watch it happen'. The Ottoman Turks wouldn't let them in so they came to America instead. I don't get too excited about end times and end time prophecy. Jesus was, is and shall always be, in control. I put my faith in HIM.
[@10033,hippyjoe1955] Bow down to your lord and savior. Notice that he's crapping on the Constitution.

[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/48/64/13/GeorgeWashingtonJr-ZXYbWixN7MhdNAh.jpg]

For sale on Amazon, "Trump caganer figurine"
hippyjoe1955 · 61-69, M
[@1026,GeorgeWashingtonJr] So did our wife/sister told you to hate Trump. obviously you aren't bright enough to figure it out on your own.
[@10033,hippyjoe1955] Your wife/sister told you that?

Before you notice and change it, you said "So did [b][u]our[/u][/b] wife/sister told you to hate Trump." A Freudian slip, perhaps?
Steve42 · 51-55, M
I think you are a little late. 10 was chernobyl.
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@131646,Steve42] [quote]I think you are a little late.[/quote]

Why do you say that?
Nah man.
But you're in good company because people have been making the same prediction you just have for literally centuries.
They're always so sure that they've got it right this time.
They're always so sure that the signs of the times point to the end times.
They're always so sure that it's going to happen in their lifetime.

Spoilers: they were all wrong too....
QuixoticSoul · 31-35, M
Lmao meh.
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@580625,QuixoticSoul] [quote]Lmao meh.[/quote]

Psalm 14:1 To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

The Word of God
QuixoticSoul · 31-35, M
[@733370,GodSpeed63] Double meh
GodSpeed63 · 61-69, M
[@580625,QuixoticSoul]As if that alters what has already been established to be true.

Spirituality & Religion

This Is Coming Soon | Spirituality & Religion | Similar Worlds