If Bernie Sanders had ran in Hillary's place, would he have beaten Donald Trump ?

That is what everybody keeps saying. But Bernie Sanders is a self confessed socialist. But he has put up some big crowd numbers, like Trump. And he had the youth vote in the palm of his hands. And yet he kept on uttering that socialist word. I don't like that, and Im a Liberal. What do you think SW.
Aidan · 26-30
Doubtful America doesn't want to be socialist and for good reasons
Zonuss · 41-45, M
Some say it already is. 🙂
nope..too socialistic...
Zonuss · 41-45, M
Yes. I think so, too. 🙂
zerofuks2give · 36-40, M
Probably. Many people didn't vote or voted for Trump because they disliked Hillary so much
Zonuss · 41-45, M
Agree. 🙂
SerenitiesScars · 31-35, M
I think it would have been close. He had the numbers. But now he's starting to sound like the rest of the dems instead of an independent so I've lost respect for him..

I think he would have likely come out on top though.. But again. Still would have been close..
Carver · 26-30, F
I think he would have. Earlier in the election when it was projected that Hillary would win by landslide (before she screwed herself), it was projected that Bernie would win by an even greater landslide if he were to go against Trump. And considering Bernie is mostly consistent with his politics, perfectly healthy for his age and nowhere near as crooked as Hillary, I think he would have at least had a real strong chance against Trump.

Sanders vs. Trump would have been a dream match-up too. Two anti-establishment candidates proposing big changes that could very change the face of America forever. But unfortunately, crooked Hillary and the DNC had to screw Bernie and cheat to make sure it was Hillary running against Trump. And now look, it ended up being all for nothing.
Carver · 26-30, F
@TexChik: See? You're going to think whatever you want and not consider anything I have to say for a moment. Really no different than the liberals and special snowflakes you hate so much! Think what you will then, you're going to anyway.
Carver · 26-30, F
@Zonuss: It wasn't exactly total socialism but I understand the concerns and criticism. However, that's for another discussion.
Zonuss · 41-45, M
@Carver: Okay.
JohnOlinger · 36-40, M
Ynotisay · M
I think that if you think the word 'communist' is applicable then any response I would make would be futile and moot. So I won't comment.
Zonuss · 41-45, M
Hmmmmm.
Ynotisay · M
@Zonuss: Oh. I see what you did. You edited your post to say "socialist" instead of "communist," huh? Also don't seem to get the difference between a Socialist and a Democratic Socialist. That's OK. It contains nuance. Not everyone's thing.
JohnOlinger · 36-40, M
A lot of Liberal Celebrities Preferred Bernie Sanders over Hillary
Zonuss · 41-45, M
True.
Thereyouare · 56-60, M