Boycott Nike?
I would, but I've never bought Nike anyway, so that's meaningless.
6
|
What they do feature a straight white male in an ad or something
helenS · 31-35, F
Please could you briefly tell us what's wrong with that brand?
chris62ca · 56-60, M
[@6602,helenS] More American politics. 😅
basilfawlty89 · 26-30, M
[@655181,xinbaba] my flag here says made in china. No one died for it, I bought it at the local Dept store.
samueltyler2 · 70-79, M
He was not disrespecting the flag, if you believe hevwasvthen you have drunk the Koolaide fed to you by the draft
dodging, maniac in the oval office. Many religions bow or kneel in respect to their G-d. He was protesting disparities in racial justice. He has paid dearly for this. I am a veteran and gave 2 years of my life for my country. It bothers me very much thatbracial disparities still exist more than a hundred years since a war costing hundreds of thousands of deaths was fought to guarantee the rights I'd call races.
Johnson212 · 56-60, M
Very interesting, on the one hand the NFL finally passes a rule saying you have to stand for the anthem which is suspended while they argue about it with the players union. On the other hand they sign Nike to a 10 year contract as their uniform provider who hires the Kaepernick guy who started the kneeling thing in the first place. I guess just in case there were some fans they did not piss off they wanted to make sure they got them all riled up too.
[@401956,Johnson212] And then you have Fox News pundits bitching about it nonstop while the Murdoch Family controlled Fox Sports is shelling out $3 billion to the NFL just to air the shitty Thursday night football games. Enough hypocrisy to go around for everyone, lol.
Johnson212 · 56-60, M
[image=https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2018/06/07/21/colin-kaepernick.jpg]
[image=http://bigbudsmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/marijuana-military-veterans.jpg]
Baphomet · 22-25, F
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/20/89/23/Aiyana-dYrMudUlTVORLjf.jpg]
[@67788,Aiyana] [b]Another[/b] good point.
Northwest · 56-60, M
[@67788,Aiyana] Great point!
chris62ca · 56-60, M
[@67788,Aiyana] People tend to get selective in what to protest. 😏
questionWeaver · 56-60, M
It is a bad NFL business decision

It is a horrible NIKE business decision... it will get several executives removed from their positions.

This morning it has already cost Nike more than they will ever recoup in profit.
questionWeaver · 56-60, M
[@78387,Stereoguy] Nike decided to make anti-patriotism their corporate motto
[@6757,questionWeaver] Ooooops! Big mistake.
questionWeaver · 56-60, M
Yeppers
Colin Kaepernik has taken a stand—by kneeling—against the racism that still exists in our country. My father and my uncles—all veterans —support his beliefs and understand why. And Nike obviously respects him. Those who would destroy or boycott their products because their spokesman is against racism must therefore [b]support[/b] racism, like our current president does. The president, btw, who used his connections to [b]avoid[/b] serving, who [b]mocked[/b] and disrespected the late John McCain as a POW. My family fought, some even in [b]segregated[/b] troops during Jim Crow in the hope that our country would become more inclusive. They fought abroad for rights [b]they[/b] didn’t have at home. I think they would be proud of Kaepernik’s efforts. I certainly am.
basilfawlty89 · 26-30, M
[@655181,xinbaba] Oh, you agree the American flag is racist? I agree. Gonna burn one, be back in a few. Don't cry over your magic skycloth now.
[@655181,xinbaba] How is she a "racist" ?
basilfawlty89 · 26-30, M
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] white self victimization
Graylight · F
Based on what? Their shortsightedness in spending millions of dollars to back an unsigned player so poorly performing he can't find a team?
Harriet03 · 36-40, F
My posts have been deleted, so much for free speech America!!
xinbaba · 56-60, M
[@763897,Harriet03] Really? It wasn't me!
Starbursteffect · 46-50, F
Nike shoes are crap anyway, no-one still buys them, do they?
xinbaba · 56-60, M
[@328496,bijouxbroussard] no, it wasn't. It was just something I learned today from this discussion. Anyway, I said I never buy from them in the first place, so my "boycott" is meaningless.
[@9295,luckranger71] Cracks me up. Didn’t care about [b]any[/b] of that before, nor did those folks burning shoes.
[@655181,xinbaba] So, I found out when [b]you[/b] did. And I’m going to make their sacrifices count by wearing the Nikes I have. 🤷🏽‍♀️
chris62ca · 56-60, M
I would be more concerned about the workers who make their products.
Graylight · F
[@376657,chris62ca] You mean the children in foreign countries?
chris62ca · 56-60, M
[@627992,Graylight] Yes

Boycott Nike? | Politics | Similar Worlds