I Am Hurt

Feels like I'll NEVER perfect the art of driving

I've been driving since last December and sometimes I feel like I'm getting it and progressing and other times...I make some stupid mistakes and do stupid things, I begin to really doubt myself and feel like I'll never get to that point where I overcome all this dang anxiety whenever I have to drive.

I truly hate this 馃様
Mamapolo201670-79, F Best Comment
You are rare. Everybody does stupid things and makes stupid mistakes.What most don't do is admit it.

My advice would be to drive more, in less stressful situations than city or freeway. Driving in high traffic areas feels like having ADHD.

Once your actual maneuvering the car and handling situations improve, you'll feel better. I think.
Alifeinterrupted26-30, F
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] thank you! Truly appreciate this 鉂o笍
Mamapolo201670-79, F
[@331399,Alifeinterrupted] You're welcome. 馃

This message was deleted by the author of the main post.
RaineF
Change instructors as some do make you nervous
IwillwaitM
You'll improve everyday.
lovelywarpedlemon26-30, F
what kind of mistakes do you make? whatever it is just remember you'll get better with practice. and there are alternatives to cars as well. maybe you'd be more comfortable with a different vehicle.
Alifeinterrupted26-30, F
[@417823,lovelywarpedlemon] I just always constantly keep thinking about what could go wrong..the other day I drove through a stop sign which honestly caught me off guard.
lasergraph70-79, M
driving is like any other skill, practice improves performance.
smiler201256-60, M
{@alifeinterrupted] i think you should perservere but you need to have one hundred concentration all the time . maybe that is part of your problem and it can have very dangerous conseqences too
Alifeinterrupted26-30, F
[@3749,smiler2012] I think with me its the complete opposite of what u just said..I'm overly focused and ALWAYS thinking about every possible thing that could go wrong. I'm PRETTY SURE I'm 250% focused when I'm about to drive or when driving.

It's the paranoia..it takes a toll

I Am Hurt
Health