Movies & TV

Westworld on HBO: Is it worth watching?
1
|
LienOnYourDreams · 41-45, M
Yes, most definitely.
I started it and its pretty good
subpat · F
I tried and couldn't get into it. After seeing so many rave reviews, I just might have to try again.
Paschar · 61-69, M
It Wasn't all that great in my view .
LikeMind · M
Yes, there are multiple layers to it, a better realisation of the concept than the original film, it helps that the technology seems to be achievable from a 2016 perspective.
DanielChristensen · 41-45, M
I am surprised by how many naysayers I encounter when Westworld is discussed. I think it is an insightful and original perspective on the nature of existence, sentience, free will, what is and is not humanity. At times, the automatons are far more humane than the people. At other times, they also embody the sheer savagery and insanity, the desperation and fragility, of human beings.

Living like gods, the creators of the fantasy theme park have lost touch with their humanity in some ways, while being under the thumb of murderers and their lives being so uncertain, the automatons are embroiled in the classic human struggle.

I think it is a very interesting and provocative program, both intellectually and emotionally.

Movies & TV

Westworld on HBO: Is it worth watching? | Movies & TV | Similar Worlds