I Believe SushiRed Is Awesome

[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/18/70/59/SushiRed-qJC9teb57oBlp9U.jpg] Such a weird thing happened tonight, I'm still scratching my head over it ...

Took my kids school shopping tonight ... now they are both in high school, we all love Supernatural, horror movies, urban legends and cryptozoology, you get the idea.

So we were driving across town, on almost frontage roads that run along the edge of the city. And I saw the first one - one single shoe, along the edge of the road, on top of the underpass. Sometimes you see this, nothing to mention, you pass it and it leaves your mind. But then in about 15 yards another shoe was on the other side of the road, a single shoe, a different shoe, from another pair.

At two shoes it became a thing to comment on, as my daughter noticed it too. But before either of us was able to explain what we had seen and find out the other saw it too, another shoe was there, and then another. Our mild amusement turned to humor and then turned to bewilderment and then to confusion as we continued to count and almost start yelling to explain to brother who hadn't noticed at first ... but then he did see. Because it was not just that one, or two, or three shoes. They kept appearing, as we drove, all three of us seeing them as we watched in growing disbeleif the shoes on the side of the road. Seven. Single. Shoes. All different. Within a 1/2 mile stretch of road. No two making a pair. Some men's, some women's. All on the side of the road.

We were all freaked out. We were still talking about it as we got to our destination, another mile or so down the road, our eyes glued to the shoulder of the road the whole time, watching. We pulled into the parking lot ... and sitting there, in the parking lot, as if waiting for our arrival. .. ... was a pair ... of shoes. Two matching shoes. We got out of our car, and all walked over to the shoes, and stood. Looking at them. Then we silently turned away, and went inside.

We have no viable theories or urban legends to explain the string of single shoes. We have no idea what it was. It just got weirder and weirder with each passing shoe ... and every time we commented on how weird it was, we would see another shoe. And another.

I'm sure the explanation is much less interesting than the story it will become - and has become - in our family lore. I can't help but wonder if anyone else on the road noticed, if they counted as they passed, the brightly colored woman's sneaker, all the way to the spiked baseball shoe and the new-looking suede men's loafer ... I just love that we saw this. Whatever it was.

On a side note and likely related, I have been listening to short horror stories online for the past month ... I think I need to find another genre of entertainment 馃槀馃榿馃槉!

馃樇馃ぃ馃槈馃榿

Hope y'all had a great weekend!
29
|
User4131-35, M
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/18/71/18/User41-RB670XMH5lgPe6a.jpg]

What鈥檚 those?
User4131-35, M
Isn鈥檛 pannukaku pancake 馃槀 i think remeber that wrong. 馃槀

That鈥檚 actually kinda cool.

But I can鈥檛 read script. My dyslexic Brian turns into mud when I try to.

My grandmother sends me brirthday cards in script. But it鈥檚 like trying to read the Declaration of Independence for me 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔.
SushiRed46-50, F
It is hard to read! It's a Finnish egg pancake - the Swedish version is called aggkaka 馃槉.

I will miss his letters. He died last January. I have several pieces of his and his brother's artwork to remember them by!
User4131-35, M
Well it鈥檚 unique

Most people just have pictures.
MarkPaul22-25, M
Has anyone seen my shoes? I can never remember where I put them.
Adec75746-50, M
[@8638,MarkPaul] under the bed?
SushiRed46-50, F
If just one shows up, I can tell you where the second rematerialized at ...
My guess is that someone did it intentionally as a joke.
SushiRed46-50, F
[@11267,TheProphet] if so I truly appreciate their sense of humor, and their willingness to sacrifice 7 pairs of shoes in the name of funny! But it doesn't explain the pair in the parking lot ...
[@587635,SushiRed] There was an artist in a nearby city here that did that and it was in the paper. Lots of people were concerned.
SushiRed46-50, F
Really? Fascinating... I gotta Google that!
Is your daughter as beautiful as you are hon?
SushiRed46-50, F
[@11267,TheProphet] She has her father's coloring and so is my Indian princess, always will be.
[@587635,SushiRed] Sounds like a real beauty.
CoffeeFirst51-55, F
That's pretty weird. And would be even weirder if you saw it again!
SushiRed46-50, F
[@372602,CoffeeFirst] I have a friend who takes that road to work who is going to look for them today. Just bizarre! I shoulda gone back and taken pics 馃槉
CoffeeFirst51-55, F
[@587635,SushiRed] It could be a tourist oddity. Sell tickets! 馃檭 Lol
Snyderp6951-55, M
Sound like you had a great weekend.
Were the shoes there on your return trip home from the store? If they were gone then that would be freaky.
You鈥檙e the best. Love you.
SushiRed46-50, F
[@517376,Snyderp69] you know what? We took a different route home ... I never take that way home from the west end, I always drive home a different way, how weird is that!
Snyderp6951-55, M
Have you guys gone back to see if the shoes are there still?
SushiRed46-50, F
[@517376,Snyderp69] no, I gotta check with my friend who drives that way to work! It was a long Monday... no energy lol ...
Degbeme61-69, M
I wanna know who can afford to be throwing shoes away like that? They are seen here too.
LindaM56-60, F
that would spook me out too...
CallmeJenny6922-25, M
Beautiful as always mistress 馃槏
jaymic64M
I love moments like that. Such cool memories.

I Believe SushiRed Is Awesome

Such a weird thing happened tonight, I'm sti... | I Believe SushiRed Is Awesome | Similar Worlds