Asking
Only logged in members can reply and interact with the post.
Join SimilarWorlds for FREE »
Top | New | Old
A LONG time ago before i learned to be a person in a stable relationship, or at least someone in a relationship that is transparent where the other person encourages etc

I can only speak for myself and why i personally used to cheat.
i had an extremely bad rampant sexual addiction and am a person who has bipolar disorder with a symptom of extreme hypersexuality as well. My mental health was untreated for years and i was extremely distrusting of those in the mental health profession for a long time. These things are NOT the norm for everyone so people claiming to be a "nympho, or a sex addict" but their lives are just fine and that's why they cheat are on some bullshit.


Could i have tried much harder to control myself? Yes. But was it extremely hard to fight the urges that basically controlled my daily and hourly existence? Honestly yes. it was one of the hardest things to stop. But the way i did was putting myself in the position of the person i was hurting by doing it. Picturing their face finding out... picturing that hurt and devastation from me who they cared for. I couldn't keep doing that to people i genuinely loved so i had to learn to control myself and get some help.

Sexual Addiction is NOT glamorous and wonderful like people think it is. It fucks up so much of your life.
PhantomMagic88 · 41-45, M
@DancingStarGoddess thanks for sharing :)
@PhantomMagic88 You're very welcome

Northwest · M
Why do men or women cheat?

Because they can.
Bleak · 36-40, F
Because they enjoy it.
justanotherone · 56-60, M
@Bleak Well, actually moral and ethics not born with us. We learn or don't during our life. So it's not even universal.
So you are right. There are many different type of people.
Actually along this line we can't even judge anyone on what they do and why.
Bleak · 36-40, F
@justanotherone I think it’s probably a bit of both. We learn a lot of our morals, but I do think some tendencies can be innate and even partly genetic. We may not be born with a complete sense of right and wrong but we can be born with certain natural traits that shape our character.

This is my personal opinion. You don’t have to agree with it.
justanotherone · 56-60, M
@Bleak I guess the personal traits we born with they don't tell us what is right or wrong rather they make us the person how we respond to certain situations. Which is quite similar to what you said.
(without agreeing with you. 😀 )
Rabbit420 · M
Because humans are genetically predisposed to it. We are socially monogamous, but not sexually monogamous. We will pair bond to raise our children which is being socially monogamous, but that doesn't mean that we necessarily pair bond with that person sexually. Which means that we will still seek out multiple partners for sex. This may be why a lot of people's relationships have "evolved" into wife sharing and open marriages.

Here's a pretty simple explanation...
Humans are socially monogamous rather than strictly or sexually monogamous. This means we tend to pair-bond and raise children as a team, but we also retain biological and behavioral tendencies toward extra-pair desires and serial relationships.

Experts in anthropology and evolutionary biology view human mating patterns as a flexible strategy shaped by both biology and culture.

In other words, sexual monogamy has been "forced" upon us by society, morals, ethics and ideology!!
WanderingHelplessly · 51-55, M
I asked a guy I knew who did. He said, "Because at the end of the day I get to enjoy something different." He was a serial cheater.
@WanderingHelplessly That's such a shitty reason :/ who am i to judge, but damn. 😞 Why not just be single if they want variety so bad.
WanderingHelplessly · 51-55, M
@DancingStarGoddess That is what I told him. We are no longer friends
@WanderingHelplessly i don't blame you. they didn't even sound sorry for doing it. damn
Sapio · 51-55, M
I had a friend who cheated a lot. He was a sex addict. But there are some who do it because they're with someone nice. However, they're not getting what they want from that partner. I knew guys like that too. I myself have never cheated. So I can only go off what I know from people I hung around with.
GrinNude · 61-69
Ester Petel sums up the causes very nicely in her book: Mating In Captivity.


We trade wildness and passion for security and predictability... Ernie
Adstar · 56-60, M
Because they are faulty...
AthrillatheHunt · 56-60, M
Mostly it’s bc an opportunity presents itself
This comment is hidden. Show Comment
TheHammer · M
Entitlement, selfishness, they have no concept of empathy in terms of the suffering that causes.
But those are just words. They cheat because they think they won't get caught. That's all.

 
Post Comment