I Say Weird Things

Am I the only person who gets really annoyed when a guy talks about a girl he talked to and mentions her body?

Like, hey I talked to this girl and she was curvy af. Or I talked to this girl who is a little too skinny and needs to gain some weight..

I just really feel that this is degrading for women on general, I mean I have a lot of female friends and I never for once describe their bodies because it's not my place to do so, the only thing I would say is that they are pretty. I'm not perfect or anything but it just doesn't feel appropriate.

At least that's how it is in the Middle East and everyone thinks I'm the weird one.. And I live in a country with a high percentage of sexual harassment btw it even reached one of my sisters one time, it's a "naturally religious" society like they told me at school as a kid.
mrlopez · 26-30, M
Naw women talk about guys like that and their dicks size all the time. If you do it to her face, that's when it's crossing the line
Nanori · 26-30, F
[@506684,DawsonsGrove] trying to humiliate others doesn't make you look classy it only makes u look like medieval diarrhea
DawsonsGrove · 51-55, F
[@934648,Nanori] right so when he insults people on a daily or hourly basis that's okay though?
Nanori · 26-30, F
[@506684,DawsonsGrove] he is who he is, he doesn't go around calling himself classy then proceed to insult people, aka not a hypocrite
I agree, it's disrespectful and shallow.
People are more than their physical attributes.
[@349735,onestarrynight] I'm glad you agree with me 🤗 I befriend them for their brains 😎
Reminds me of high school boys talking about girls, it seems some people will never grow up.
[@16806,cherokeepatti] Exactly lol
DawsonsGrove · 51-55, F
This bothers me too. My husband actually used to do that about my friends ... oh she's fat or oh she's not pretty. I told him off because I do not base my friendships on looks and he should not judge because every single female in his family is obese so wtf
[@506684,DawsonsGrove] That last bit is funny lol but yes judging people based on their looks is just bad.
itsok · 26-30, F
I don’t like it, but hearing anyone criticize someone else’s looks or make suggestive or sexual remarks in a casual way makes me feel weird. Even if it’s just someone they see on tv.
[@385420,itsok] Yes that too! They make it feel like I'm odd or wrong in the head like I have to be like them to be acceptable.
Stark ·
I think it’s common among both genders tbh. A lot of the women I’ve spoken to about men they may not focus too much on the guy’s physique, but there’s definitely mention of his appearance on how attractive he is, and I think that’s similar to men commenting on women’s physique with each other. There’s no perfect world where people are not going to judge and criticize each other especially when it comes to appearance/looks. It shouldn’t be something as important as people make it, but it is how a lot of people socialize when it comes to the opposite sex.
[@526701,Stark] That makes sense. Nothing can be perfect yes like you said.
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
It cuts both ways really but I see your point. If I had a penny for every derogatory comment made about my body when I was dangerously underweight...

Still tho, the shoe is on the other foot now, as the saying goes 😂
AuRevoir · 31-35, M
But she’s hawt tho.. 😷
[@410477,AuRevoir] Ok lol
AuRevoir · 31-35, M
[@10788,PiecingMeBackTogether] 😤😤😤😤😤😤 I said stawp!! 😤
[@410477,AuRevoir] Sorrrrry 🥺
NinjaBoy · 18-21, M
I guess it depends on what kind of comments they are. If they are simply positive descriptions of physical attractiveness, I'm okay with that and admittedly do it myself (for example, telling my friend about a tall guy I saw recently with amazing legs lol). But I guess for me it's mainly people I happen to see out and about I will describe in that way, not a friend, so in other words there would be no other reason to mention this random person other than the fact that they made me turn my head with their looks. Nothing wrong with not wanting to do that or not feeling it's appropriate, though.

I Say Weird Things