I Am An Introvert

After working for the past 2 years I've decided that it's time to upgrade myself. I'm continuing my studies & as much as I don't want to be affected by not socializing much with my peers I can't help it. For the past 2 weeks we've been having camps & just workshops to bond with our new coursemates.

I feel like I struggle a lot socializing with everyone. We have all sorts of ice breaking activities but at the end of the day I feel lonely. I feel like nobody really wants to be friends with me. I tried talking to a few people but it only lasted for awhile.

Today we had one of the workshops....we were all gathered in the hall & all of a sudden I was being left all alone. I was just standing there all by myself while everyone else was busy chit chatting. I feel like I was invinsible. It was pretty depressing until a group of girls called me to join them bcos I probably looked stupid standing there by myself.

I hated myself for being an introvert & I wished I was like everybody else. It came to my mind that maybe I'm so uninteresting that nobody wants to approach me at all. Nobody ever start a conversation with me...I always have to gather all my courage to start the conversation instead.

After the workshop I went home alone, obviously while everybody has friends to go home with. I had so many stupid thoughts running through my head & majority of it is about me not being good enough. It was so horrible that I actually cried. Do I sound stupid? I feel so hopeless & outcasted.

It really hurt my feelings & I wish somebody would just want to be friends with me. I'm an introvert but once you know me better you'll see a different side of me. This post just gotten so long & if you've come this far thank you for reading my rant.
8
|
unknownpoetx · 31-35, M
maybe you are just too ugly and have a shitty personality and that's why people don't like you. maybe you should upgrade that
phxts · 22-25, F
[@1059,unknownpoetx] thanks for being so mean.
unknownpoetx · 31-35, M
[@510746,phxts] honesty isn't mean. I even gave suggestions. truth can be hard. lies are way worse. wake up. stop blaming others. do something for yourself. change. be happy
hlpflwthat · M
[@510746,phxts] He's a professional chickenshit coward.
hlpflwthat · M
Whoever conducts a workshop where anyone is isolated is either a rookie or inept. That said, why question the motive of the group who decided to step out of their comfort zone to include you?

Ignore the weight of all those disappointments whispering in your ear. For your own good, and that of those who'll accept you as you are.
I know exactly how that feels because I go through the same thing every time I try to talk with someone 😞

I Am An Introvert
Categories: Health, Personality Disorder

After working for the past 2 years I've decid... | I Am An Introvert | Similar Worlds