I Am a Curious Person
Only logged in members can reply and interact with the post.
Join Similar Worlds today »

if I saved up some money, and decided to visit the USA, and decided I wanted to stay? how would I go about, staying

whilst I'm in the USA?
Oldest First | Newest First | Top
Leggs · 46-50, F
I was born and always lived here so I am not sure but I do believe it is a long complicated process.

I think you have to have a host that you live with for one year before you can apply for citizenship. I think though that you can get some kind of work "visa" that is good for that one year so you are able to earn an income.

I imagine there is a lot of info on the web, or the more easy way to learn would be to contact someone who has gone through the process who could explain the concise version.
cherokeepatti · 61-69, F
[@1073121,Leggs] yes need a sponsor unless you come on a student visa or on vacation
cherokeepatti · 61-69, F
Hotels are expensive and so
Is rent. You will blow through your money quickly
Thevy29 · 36-40, M
Do they even allow immigration with Covid19
Leggs · 46-50, F
[@622125,Thevy29] I do not know the specifics but I do know that covid-19 doesn't affect things in the USA very much anymore.
Harlequin · F
Get yourself vaccined and certified and I'd say you're good to go
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
Find a job and a extended stay motel.
whowasthatmaskedman · 61-69, M
In the first instance you apply on line for an ESTA visa waiver to the US. This allows you entry as a tourist for up to three months. The form itself applies for two years. So you can stay three months, leave, then return several times within the two year period. Getting a work Visa, or Residence as a foreign national is a long complicated process, unless you have some high powerd sought after skill and a company will sponser you. You can speak to an immigration laywer on line from Here to learn more about those details. But its a real rats nest to navigate without professional help.
Adamski24 · 36-40, M
It's best to contact the American embassy in your country and ask them
I've heard sneaking across the southern border works.

Post Comment  
8812 people following
I Am a Curious Person
Personal Stories, Advice, and Support
New Post
Group Members