I Am a Curious Person

if I saved up some money, and decided to visit the USA, and decided I wanted to stay? how would I go about, staying

whilst I'm in the USA?
Leggs · 46-50, F
I was born and always lived here so I am not sure but I do believe it is a long complicated process.

I think you have to have a host that you live with for one year before you can apply for citizenship. I think though that you can get some kind of work "visa" that is good for that one year so you are able to earn an income.

I imagine there is a lot of info on the web, or the more easy way to learn would be to contact someone who has gone through the process who could explain the concise version.
[@1073121,Leggs] yes need a sponsor unless you come on a student visa or on vacation
Hotels are expensive and so
Is rent. You will blow through your money quickly
Thevy29 · 36-40, M
Do they even allow immigration with Covid19
Leggs · 46-50, F
[@622125,Thevy29] I do not know the specifics but I do know that covid-19 doesn't affect things in the USA very much anymore.
Harlequin · F
Get yourself vaccined and certified and I'd say you're good to go
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
Find a job and a extended stay motel.
whowasthatmaskedman · 61-69, M
In the first instance you apply on line for an ESTA visa waiver to the US. This allows you entry as a tourist for up to three months. The form itself applies for two years. So you can stay three months, leave, then return several times within the two year period. Getting a work Visa, or Residence as a foreign national is a long complicated process, unless you have some high powerd sought after skill and a company will sponser you. You can speak to an immigration laywer on line from Here to learn more about those details. But its a real rats nest to navigate without professional help.
Adamski24 · 36-40, M
It's best to contact the American embassy in your country and ask them
I've heard sneaking across the southern border works.

I Am a Curious Person
Other