I Am Super Happy

Relative of mine may or may not be going into military, they were telling me this

While we went out to eat. I had a huge paragraph written up but deleted it because I know, no matter what I say, I'll get someone who will have to speak their mind, and it won't be helpful or supportive. *** And that's all I am looking for here. If your comment isn't helpful or supportive, then there's no need for me to read how miserable and vile you really are.

I've got anxiety so bad, I can't eat for two whole straight days. And even then it might be half a bowl of soup and I'm full. Then when the anxiety attack is finally done, I get extremely hungry. So, you think about having this affliction while you write someone a mean comment, then tell me how you feel.

Do to others, as you would have them do to you. <---- this is basic, and common sense. You probably shouldn't write comments, if they're all going to be nasty.
Stereoguy56-60, M
I am sorry you are going through this. 馃槩馃槩馃槩
Stereoguy56-60, M
[@1201479,twiigss] I agree. 22 years in the Army and he can't even draw retirement pay or get medical for his knees or shoulder. They told him in his annual physical that he was in perfect shape. The civilian doctors said he is in bad shape, but the military said they don't recognize civilian doctors.
Stereoguy56-60, M
[@1201479,twiigss] He can get medical through his new job, but he is married with two kids and can't afford the deductibles and time off work. His wife just graduated college last weekend and isn't working yet.
mikeylyksit41-45, M
I've got mixed feelings on the matter. I spent four years active duty myself, until it messed up my left ankle to the point where I almost ended up in a wheel chair. At the time and many years after, I thought (honestly) that it was the worst mistake anybody could ever make, to volunteer to join the military. But now I'm much older and much wiser, and I see the "big picture". The "big picture" is, until you learn to invest, to make your money work for you....you will always be a slave to somebody else. Period. A successful investment program can be implemented with as little as $500 a month, or maybe even less. As long as you are adding to your portfolio consistently over time. With the power of compounding interest, just about anybody can get rich if they are patient to wait 25 or 30 years. I'm not talking filthy rich, but certainly independent to the point where you don't have to work outside the home EVER again, unless you want to. So let's say you are 18 and ready to join the real-world workforce. You know you've got to invest to achieve financial independence...or work yourself to death, always working every day of your entire life. How do you get the money to invest? It really doesn't matter. There are worse ideas than military service. Do that for 20 years, and then do contracting for another 10. That gives you 30 years for your portfolio to grow. BY then, you are about 48 and ready to retire. And you won't need a military pension or social security to lean on, either.
On the other hand, if you don't want to join the military, just work full-time at wally world or whatever. Live cheaply enough so you can put $500 a month into investing. I know guys who CHOOSE to live in a tent, just to do that. When you are young and healthy, the sacrifice can be worth it. You are earning your freedom.
twiigss41-45, MVIP
[@1201123,mikeylyksit] Thank you for your support Mikeylyksit :) I finally met someone else who calls it wally world.
My oldest nephew is also joining. I worry.

Just keep in touch with that relative of yours. Where they end up, it鈥檒l really help them through the tough times to hear from you.
I hop your anxiety eases too.
twiigss41-45, MVIP
[@1188491,ColonelPringle] Thank you ColonelPringle :) Well the big thing is, they live in the same house here, downstairs. So we're always keeping in touch, just went out for dinner last night actually. They said they'll be home at least for the whole next year, so that's a plus at least.

I Am Super Happy