I Have Lost a Child

Had an interesting conversation last night. Ran into one of my son's high school teachers. She hadn't heard, but given that it's only been a couple of months, I surely didn't expect the word to be spread around. When I told her about the accident, she cried. We cried together, actually. I must say, it was somewhat relieving to see someone else feel the same way that I did, do.

Apparently, he was special to her. I learned that he was always early to her class so that he could get a front seat (my boy?), that he was the one who would erase the board for her after class (my boy?) He'd collect up all the papers at the end of tests (my boy?), and other miscellaneous things. I just chuckled and I teased "So that's why his grades were so high!". We had a good laugh at that, along with more.

He was one who excelled in pretty much everything. He actually enjoyed going to school, but then again, he enjoyed everything about life. I can still see his smile, see his eyes, sometimes I can even feel his hugs.

It's always nice to hear stories like this about him. Get to know a little bit more about him, things I wasn't aware of. I'm just waiting to hear about the trouble maker in him. My boy! lol
15
|
Sorry for your loss
silentwriter180 · 51-55, F
[@417364,Ozymandias] Thank you. Just taking it one day at a time
saintsong · 36-40, F
My heart goes out to you
silentwriter180 · 51-55, F
[@355536,saintsong] I thank you.
Montanaman · 61-69, M
💔💓😔🤗😢🙏😇🤗💞
I haven't the words my sweet friend.
I am so very sorry.💓🤗
silentwriter180 · 51-55, F
[@701855,Montanaman] Thank you, Love
Montanaman · 61-69, M
[@6297,silentwriter180] Always 🤗💞💓
♥️
Groofydorkgerdo · 51-55, M
Words cant express how sad this post makes me.

I can't tell I know how you feel, but I certainly know how it feels.
I lost a grandson a 21 and a grand daughter at 27.
My condolences, I am so sorry for your loss.
silentwriter180 · 51-55, F
[@125834,Groofydorkgerdo] Thank you. I never imagined any of my kids would go before me.
Groofydorkgerdo · 51-55, M
[@6297,silentwriter180] No parent should.have to bury there child.
ThePerfectUsername · 61-69, M
It sounds like he made quite an impression. 🤗
silentwriter180 · 51-55, F
[@420556,ThePerfectUsername] It's amazing how little I knew what kind of impact he's made on others. I keep running into people I don't even know who knew him. It's like a whole new world has opened and all these people are just now coming in.
ThePerfectUsername · 61-69, M
Yes I get it. And I'm ever so happy so happy for you. It may have been far too short but his life obviously wasn't wasted. 🤗 :-) [@6297,silentwriter180]
silentwriter180 · 51-55, F
[@420556,ThePerfectUsername] Thanks, honey, I appreciate that.
JoyfulSilence · 41-45, M
😔

🤗
Echoing · 61-69, F
🌹 I'm sorry for your loss.
xixgun · M
My condolences.
Peaches · F
It's wonderful hearing stories about those we have lost, it brings their memories alive and closer to our hearts.😌💕💙Been thinkin' about ya sis.😘

I Have Lost a Child
Categories: Loss of a Child, Parenting and Family

Had an interesting conversation last night. Ran in... | I Have Lost a Child | Similar Worlds