I've Been In Love And Betrayed

I don't think love negotiation ever works. That's when two people agree on how they want or expect the relationship to go ahead of time, at the start of the relationship. They both say things like, "I want an honest relationship." So they agree to always tell each other the truth. Or, "We should always agree to work things out without judging each other" or some such agreement.

This just never works. Somehow one person doesn't stick to the agreement. What people agree they "should" do is never what happens. Or something happens to one of them that they did not foresee. Or one person interprets "honesty" differently than the other person. Relationships are always full of the unexpected.
1
|
SoFine · 41-45, F
AND... our first love is our self-love.
Many seek a partner from a needy place, that is why it is so hard. In long term relationships, our buttons are pushed, so that our insecurities will surface, either we work on them or they tear people apart.
Then build up your self-worth, else you will always feel empty, seeking love, when your deep love comes from within.
Quote for you:
Whenever the internal dialogue stops, the world collapses and extraordinary facets of ourselves surface, as though they had been heavily guarded by our words. You are like you are, because you tell yourself that you are that way.
Don Juan Matus
OWTFWN · M
Communication is so very ie.mportant. It helps prevent so much and assists keeping things the way we believe them to be.

I've Been In Love And Betrayed
Categories: Broken Hearts and Betrayal, Dating and Relationships, Romance and True Love

I don't think love negotiation ever works. Th... | I've Been In Love And Betrayed | Similar Worlds