I Handle Physical Pain Better Than Emotional Pain

Philosophy of Pain.

19 years isn't very long but in 19 years you get your fair share of scrapes and bruises. At 19 i'm glad I appreciate pain for what it is because it helps carry me on through life.

They say rainbows only come after rain, but I think that's the wrong way to look at pain. I think when it rains, I have water. The potential to feel pain is the ability to live. When my heart aches after a break up I know I have the ability to love. When my eyes tear to the thought of a loved one leaving, I know I have the ability to care for someone. When I fall off my bike I get up and realize, I can still move.

Pain is not just suffering, but rather a constant reminder that you still have something great in your life. If it hurts, it's there.
3
|
Effloresce · 22-25, F
Better to feel pain than nothing at all imo
NewBeginning · 18-21, M
[@563720,Effloresce] exactly (: better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.

Categories: Emotional Health, Health

Philosophy of Pain. 19 years isn't very long... | I Handle Physical Pain Better Than Emotional Pain | Similar Worlds