I Had a Long Day

Not just a long day, but the last few weeks have been long. I recently moved my shop. Luckily, my son arrived just in time to help with big stuff. I rented an open trailer which was used for the big stuff. Three industrial sewing machines, two 4x8 tables, a silk screening table, and a taping table, a drafting table and a large desk. Not to mention the wetsuits owned by customers...a number of custom wetsuits, along with even more repairs.

I now sit here at my desk, looking at the unpacked boxes. Feeling exhausted. Of course, as soon as I start packing, customers flow in and I'm busy. This is after a slump in business. Go figure. Today, I didn't feel the energy to work on wetsuits, so I did a little bit of unpacking, I set up my work trays. One for current orders that I need to make patterns for. One for patterns of those whose custom wetsuits are ready to be tried on. One for patterns of those that need to be altered. And finally, one for those that are ready for their final pick up. Those ready to be christened in the sea.

So much to do, so little time, so little energy. I'm tired.
3
|
RJoeStarz · 41-45, M
Best of luck on your move and new business.
silentwriter180 · 51-55, F
[@1024543,RJoeStarz] Thank you. Business is 30 years old. Just a new location. I'll be happy when everything is in its place.
JoyfulSilence · 41-45, M
Take it one step at a time. I hope it will ease up and return to a normal rhythm. Don't forget to rest and enjoy life, too!

I Had a Long Day

Not just a long day, but the last few weeks have b... | I Had a Long Day | Similar Worlds