I Love Meaningful Conversations

I love those conversations where people actually talk about the things they're interested in and you maybe even learn something from them or just their perspective on an event or topic.. but they also let you talk about things you're interested in. It's so great when you can go back and forth with that and you're actually really looking forward to their response, because it's not just a list of interests or one word replies.
Don't get me wrong, small talk can be interesting too. I just really enjoy when you can talk about some topic really deeply with someone even if you might not know much about it, or if you do know about it, you know a different aspect of it than the person you're talking to.
13
|
GJOFJ3 · 61-69, M
I totally agree
I love those conversations, too. And, even more than looking for interesting subject matter, I'm looking for people who are progressing in their own lives - people who are willing and courageous enough to become better versions of themselves. It hasn't been easy for me to find people who care to break away from their comfort zones, even for a short time, and dare to be vulnerable enough to face some uncomfortable truth(s) and share that (those) with others. So many, or even most, have become so conditioned to dealing with issues by [i]not[/i] dealing with them, finding and addressing bedrock issues seems the last thing people would do. And, it would seem all the alternatives to truth finding are so highly promoted, they insure the curtailment of fact-finding quests before they can get off the ground.

If anything I've penned resonates with you, I would enjoy hearing from you. If not, I would [i]still[/i] enjoy hearing from you.
[@176592,PhoenixPhail] Wow. You know, I've been trying to express what you just have--the seeking people who are willing to grow and become beter version of themselves--for quite a while now, but I just couldn't articulate it. You did a wonderful job.
[@330879,boklenholley7] Thank you. I'm glad to have found someone who understands what I mean. So nice to get a reply from you.

I Love Meaningful Conversations

I love those conversations where people actually t... | I Love Meaningful Conversations | Similar Worlds