Health

Does anyone have an effective natural way to cure heartburn?
I have GERDS and have heartburn every single day, want to get off a prescription for it, any ideas?
1
|
ProdigalSummer · 41-45, F
Raw apple cider vinegar.
Carla1951 · 61-69, F
[@1162,ProdigalSummer] Also a Daily swallow of Vinegar helps weightloss.
Picklebobble2 · 51-55, M
If you've been issued a prescribed medication why do you want to come off it ?
Pantyman31 · 31-35, M
just want to try and combat it more naturally[@448576,Picklebobble2]
seeandhear · M
Papaya has helped people with that.
try taking a pro biotic tablet every morning and a teaspoon of natural apple cider vinegar in a glass of water every morning....clear you right up!!
Pantyman31 · 31-35, M
excellent thank you I will try it[@444963,justanotherguyhere]
bananas can help relieve some of it i heard but i dont know if you can actually totally take anything to get off of meds.
Tuscan · 61-69, M
sipping milk can help, couple of drops of tabasco sauce in it makes it work faster, peppermint is also said to be effective but I have never tried it.
Apple cider vinegar, the raw unfiltered kind. Start off slowly, like one tablespoon in a glass of water and rinse your mouth after drinking it.
Carla1951 · 61-69, F
re: heartburn. I don't suppose you failed to check the Internet. There are all kinds. You might want to seek a Doctor, Or better yet, for a temporary fix find a Pharmacist.
[@380583,Carla1951] he's taking medication which means he's seen a doctor. Some of the prescriptions are doing serious damage to health.
If you smoke or drink alcohol those can contribute to GERD. I know someone who stopped both this year and then was diagnosed as a diabetic and he got off of sugar and grains, no more GERD and no need to take medications now...so diet and lifestyle has a lot to do with GERD. Cooking oils too, if you eat deep-fried foods it's likely the oil has been used many times and it causes free-radical damage in the body because the oil alters after it's reused, it can damage DNA.
[@441215,Pantyman31] Second-hand smoke can contribute too, but if you aren't dealing with that maybe diet. A lot of health problems are caused by the SAD (standard American diet) diet.
Pantyman31 · 31-35, M
yes I don't eat the healthiest I will admit[@16806,cherokeepatti]
[@441215,Pantyman31] That'll do it. Have you checked the side effects of your medication? It might motivate you to clean up your diet.
Marmaduke · 46-50, M
I don't think anything can take the place of a prescription, nothing else is strong enough.

In the past I had some success with ginger. You can cook with it, just slice it and eat it, or chop it up and make something like tea with it. Canada Dry has a little real ginger in it as well.

In a pinch I might put a tablespoon of baking soda in a cold glass of water and drink that. It helped.

There wasn't anything that really got rid of it without a prescription, but both of those helped.

Health

Does anyone have an effective natural way to cure ... | Health | Similar Worlds