I Am Always Ready To Try New Ideas On Bed

If you had been an excitable teenager in the 1920s when all the political ideologies were being invented.

Poll
I want everyone to be left alone, everyone to be equal, everyone to care for each other. Anarchist
I want my country to be the best it can be, the world will be better with us in charge. Fascist
I want the state to enforce equality, everyone should work for the benefit of the many. Communist
I want a world where everyone works hard. When we improve ourselves we improve the world. Capitalist
I want the country to aim to help the least fortunate, that could be me some day. Socialist
Show Results
You can only vote on one answer.
What do you think you would've been?

Also don't "erm actually" my really simple summary of politics. I'm talking about a time when all these ideas were brand new and half baked.
HannibalAteMeOut18-21, F
Idk how much different I would be then than I am now but Anarchy always 馃枻
CheshireCatalyst36-40, M
[@8344,HannibalAteMeOut] it's funny, my education on anarchy was through bad punk rock like the sex pistols. I thought it was all violence and breaking the rules.

If someone had told me early on that it just meant we still look after each other but nobody does anything to benefit powerful people, I'd have committed to the cause years ago.
HannibalAteMeOut18-21, F
[@337880,CheshireCatalyst] it's about finding the right books, but I think it's also within us. Stupid people associate it with killing each other without repercussions, while it's actually caring about each other unconditionally.
basilfawlty8931-35, M
Anarchist as I am now. Would probably be a big time Wobbly.
CheshireCatalyst36-40, M
[@23671,basilfawlty89] ooh what was a Wobbly?
basilfawlty8931-35, M
[@337880,CheshireCatalyst] member of the IWW, they still exist and I am a member, but back then they were huge. Mass strikes, direct action, etc. Most of it was inline with Anarcho-Syndicalism.
summersongF
Socialist 馃槍
CheshireCatalyst36-40, M
[@334441,summersong] ah back when it wasn't a dirty word 馃
summersongF
[@337880,CheshireCatalyst] it still isn鈥檛 if you travel in the right circles ;) 馃
CheshireCatalyst36-40, M
[@334441,summersong] I need to get more insulation in my bubble
YnotisayM
At the time, Communism had a little different connotation. It actually had some real influence in the labor movement following the Depression. But the Red Scare put an end to that. Capitalists made sure of it.
YnotisayM
[@337880,CheshireCatalyst] What's interesting is one of the major programs that lifted the U.S. out of the Depression was the Civilian Conservation Corps. That's government creating jobs. Biden is going to be announcing a renewed effort to create and expand the CCC now - particularly around areas that have been hard hit by the coal decline. So it's sort of coming full circle.
CheshireCatalyst36-40, M
[@324070,Ynotisay] the new deal? I only learned about this recently. A beautiful socialist idea.
YnotisayM
[@337880,CheshireCatalyst] Yeah. It was very successful.
carpediem61-69, M
Look at the countries that chose the various ideologies and see how it has turned out.
CheshireCatalyst36-40, M
[@112526,carpediem] ok.

*Looks at the countries*

Most of them have been damaged by rampant corrupt capitalism.
carpediem61-69, M
[@337880,CheshireCatalyst] Funny, I was thinking the capitalist nations are by far the most advanced in the world. Enjoy your socialism.