I Am Lonely

I've just been informed that I'm spending christmas on my own. I usually spend christmas with my dad, but he recently got promoted and missed his chance to sign up for time off. This means I'll have to spend christmas with my mum. Except she always works at christmas. Then my step-dad "kindly" asked me to not spend christmas with him and his son (not that I was intending to). My brother will most likely want to spend christmas with his girlfriend and I never see my sister anyway, so there's no point asking her what she's up to. It doesn't bother me too much, but it's the fact I'm always on my own anyway which annoys me, and the one day that I thought I was guaranteed someone to spend the day with isn't even going to happen
4
|
AlmightyLoad · 22-25
A bottle of vodka and old movies is all a guy needs Christmas
AlmightyLoad · 22-25
Drinking is optional but egg nog and vodka is quite good
Siril · 18-21, M
@WaterSpirit: Neither really sounds appealing to me unfortunately
Donna15 · 36-40, F
@WaterSpirit: the nog in egg nog is Rum, at least the original was.
Titianmoon · F
Just think how your dad feels working... spend a day with him and make it your own Christmas.
Titianmoon · F
Glad you're seeing him... go out for a few bevvies :)
Siril · 18-21, M
@Moonpenny: Yeah, he'll really need them
Titianmoon · F
Have a good time!
LiMustache · 36-40
Aww :/
I am in the same boat this year. My family are going away for Xmas and I am left here to babysit the dog and Guinee pig.

One thing that was suggested to me was to go out on XMas day and see what other people are doing, maybe try to cheer some people up, and at the same time cheer yourself up.
Picklebobble · 51-55, M
Pack a bag; head to the airport; get a stand-by flight; enjoy Christmas elsewhere !
Picklebobble · 51-55, M
@Caliburn: Where are you ?
In the world I mean.
Siril · 18-21, M
Scotland
Picklebobble · 51-55, M
@Caliburn: Whats your nearest city ? Is it easy to get to ?
Moonwiddle · 41-45, F
I always spend Christmas on my own. I don't mind too much as I can eat his what I like or listen to music and eat what I like. I am used to it now and won't have it any other way.
Siril · 18-21, M
Really? Do you at least see family just before or just after christmas?
Moonwiddle · 41-45, F
@Caliburn: no I don't have any.
firefall · 61-69, M
Once I left home, I made it a point to organise a christmas dinner with all my friends who were at a loose end for one reason or another, and essentially made my own christmas family - one I could get to choose who was included.

I was going to say you're welcome to join us, but Scotland to Florida is a bit of a trek :/

I Am Lonely
Feeling alone, lonely or isolated? Welcome to a support group of people that truly understand.
Categories: Health, Loneliness

I've just been informed that I'm spendin... | I Am Lonely | Similar Worlds