I Want To Visit New Orleans

First Time Visitor

I don't have a lot of experience traveling, but I promised myself I am going to New Orleans as soon as I can get out safely, and I want to know what sorts of things are must-sees in the city? I love ghost tours and I've heard New Orleans is good for that so I'm really curious about like the LaLaurie House and other haunted things. I also love all kinds of music. And of course I'm going to Bourbon Street lol
ozgirl512 · 26-30, F
Never been there but I'm sure between the Voodoo shops and the jazz you'll have fun
WickedChild · 22-25, F
[@516864,ozgirl512] Lol yes voodoo something is on my list. I guess I need to do more research. I didn't know there were voodoo shops 😳
ozgirl512 · 26-30, F
[@1200082,WickedChild] I think there used to be.. All part of the tourist attraction
geoam1 · 51-55, M
Gotta do a food tour if they have something like that
WickedChild · 22-25, F
[@100938,geoam1] oh my god yesssss! how did I not think of that?
dubkebab · 51-55, M
I only went once,and absolutely loved it.Such rich history,great food and interesting friendly people,maybe apart from the guy who sold me moss on a twig disguised as weed on Bourbon St...But hey,good one,pal,nice switcheroo.Lesson learned.
At one point my girlfriend turned to me and said "This place is like Disneyland for sinful adults" and we packed plenty of sin into that weekend.Very few clear memories remain.That town knows how to get down.
The graveyards were interesting and we caught music at Preservation Hall,Tipitina's and Congo Square,which in many ways is the birthplace of American music,as it was the only spot in which Africans could play tribal rhythms in public without reprisal.This in turn gave rise to jazz,blues,rock,rap,etc.

Have Fun !
WickedChild · 22-25, F
[@398659,dubkebab] Thank you so much for the detailed answer! Lol and I'll try to avoid moss weed XD
dubkebab · 51-55, M
[@1200082,WickedChild] Cheers.
Yeah,buyer beware.His kid is probably slingin' on the same spot.
"Look,baby,I scored a fat bud!" awright!... 'D-this is not even close to real pot'

If only some wise internet gentleman was around in 1987 to steer me right...yes,if a misty time portal opened and told my young tourist self a thing or two about the French Quarter then I could have invested that 20 bucks in Amazon stock. ahem.
Gwyneira · F
I have never been there. My brother lived there, but only for about a year.
I'd love to travel and visit the area though.

I Want To Visit New Orleans