I Want To Be Special To Someone

I believe that ship has sailed. By this point, most people my age have their friendship circle locked, if you're not at least on the verge of being part of it, it's not going to happen. So I believe I'll never be special, or even close.
2
|
mrmoose · 70-79, M
me either
firefall · 61-69, M
Really, no. Your friendship circle is only locked if that's what you decide. Outside American middle-classes, people make friends at all ages, and circles form and dissolve: if you want, if you make the effort. I think friendships form easily and quickly at Uni because lots of people are thrown together in a new atmosphere to them all; but that doesnt mean thats the only way.

Hell, I didn't meet my wife til I was 33, and we've been married 25 years now.
electropura · 31-35, M
@firefall: It's what society has decided.
firefall · 61-69, M
@electropura: Really hasn't been my experience at all, I've had a number of different friendship circles - some of which, I still have connections to individuals from. You are just accepting a conventional imposition, you don't have to do that.
electropura · 31-35, M
@firefall: It has for me. I've never had friends. And at 28, circles are decreasing, opportunities too. I guess you've been luckier and I envy that.
LiMustache · 36-40
well thats not really true.. :)
electropura · 31-35, M
@ZeroG: So people keep saying. It sounds like white noise the more you hear it.
Scribbles · 31-35, F
Sounds like you are giving up? Why? ☹
electropura · 31-35, M
@Scribbles: I've spent years trying with nothing to show for it. Besides, for most people now, 'life gets in the way' so socialising isn't so frequent.
Scribbles · 31-35, F
I'm sorry to hear that.

I've had alot of good friendships come and go because "life stuff" gets in the way, or someone moves, and one just loses touch after awhile...and yeah at our age, the socializing dies down a lil bit. I hope you'll meet more people that are more interested in similar things as you or in getting together more often in general? Idk. I just hope you keep trying. :)

I'm friending you on here btw whether you like it or not...so there! 😜

I Want To Be Special To Someone
Personal Stories, Advice, and Support from

I believe that ship has sailed. By this point, mos... | I Want To Be Special To Someone | Similar Worlds