I Miss My Childhood

After Grampa passed away, Mom left me at Granny's place so that she'd not feel too lonely. I was 5 or 6. Granny registered me for kindergarten. I remember the green gingham uniform. I'd attend three hours of school in the morning. I...
7
|
The reeds and electrical wires near the river bring me back to a place in my mind. 1978. I have just come to the kampong house. Behind the house, there is a swamp, some trees and a river. It is so full of mud and stench and mosquitoes that we alwa...
7
|
When I was in my teens I would drive up to the 24 hour grocery store in town as there wasn't much of anything fun to do and would pretend I was in Studio54 making the rounds. At the time I had read "Popism" and wanted to be just like t...
0
|
We remember our loved ones with what they have nurtured us with.
3
|
When I lived with Granny, she always made carrot potato soup. I made it today. It made me think of her so much.
15
|
My childhood would have been much less colourful and beautiful without felt. One of the favorite entertainments for the lonely boy I was, was a black board where I stuck felt figures that my mother and grandmother used to cut for me. I combined the...
8
|
My childhood was warm and it was good, and it was solid... and it was home. There were no worries no tears no feelings of worthlessness no self hatred no loneliness no anger no pain just utter bliss... When i come across something that reminds me ...
10
|
Found two more really good and relatable ones! :)
2
|
Could not relate more.
4
|
Yesterday, after much internet browsing, I finally discovered who the author of the illustration books I loved in my childhood is. Richard Scarry. I was surprised to see he is really famous all over the world. For many years I have cursed not keepin...
5
|
I used to do it A LOT. 😂 I always measured the width of a doorway with my limbs and soon I'd be up there. 😂😂😂
8
|
We had one of those wells at the back of the house. Mom was afraid we would fall in and drown so she put a huge rusty wok to cover it. When I came to the kampong, I always thought that wells came with woks. I never knew there was water in them. Thi...
2
|
A day in 1977. It is a breezy weekend morning. The first thought in my mind is - I know it would be there, parked at the side of the blue railings. The kitchen smells of soya bean. Mom has made soya bean milk again. I gulp it down quickly, not finis...
22
|
Why is childhood our paradise lost? I think it is the absence of limits, measures, numbers in time that makes it paradise. We don't know that time is measurable, and therefore finite . Or better said, we do not look at it as something measurable...
7
|
Nostalgia... I miss the days fighting with my sibling I miss the days chuckling with my mom I miss the days when i had nothing to fear I miss the days playing in the rain I really miss those care free days
8
|
I really want to see The Little Prince, The Good Dinosaur, Pete's Dragon & The BFG ,,,dont you just love  animation movies  that shows youth  as a small little light on earth?
6
|
the smell in the air today remains me of my sloppy joe  ,big burst, boston baked beans *candy* kind of days......cleaning  my locker  out looking forward  to my summer  months  ahead oh how i miss my youth
3
|
i was so happy around 7-8 yrs back my dad used ride me on motorcycle making me sit front of him now i hate it that i cant sit like that anymore. i am 15 huh its very sad
2
|
I'm a college freshman in KU right now but I was born in New York City ;I moved a couple of months later to Denver, Colorado where i would live until I started college so you can say I was a suburban kid. I miss my childhood.. those were they d...
0
|
The Loss Of Innocence... Not a real Bill Watterson, but still, good. Especially growing up on Calvin... it rings true, this is what happens as we grow up, Innocence is lost, imagination of a certain kind disappears, and work ov...
0
|

I Miss My Childhood
Categories: Parenting and Family

I Miss My Childhood | Similar Worlds