I Like Philosophy

5
|
https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/55/34/84/Fungirlmmm-tntTqcmSpAQrRnW.jpg For this weeks Fungirlmmm’s challenge: ( you are a superstar setting these for us - thankyou so much .....) That’s me in the mirror (lol) You might think it i...
8
|
The winter seemed never ending, and the Pack was dying of hunger. The leader of the pack, the oldest of them all, was out in front, comforting the young wolves, telling them that spring was coming. But at a certain point one young wolf decides to sto...
1
|
4
|
my philosophy ...I'll eat when im hungry and drink when im dry ..and if the moonshine dont kill me ...Ill live till i die ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5j_4XaLfko
0
|
It bothers me that philosophy isn't a core subject in school. Instead 'science' has taken it's place. Except it isn't even science... it is teachers telling people scientific theories as if they are true and telling people th...
3
|
6
|
I’ve always had a penchant for philosophy, even since I was young. I used to read philosophical teachings and theories. Like Solipsism, the idea that only your mind exists. I’ve read many theories, but one of my favorites is a type of solipsism that ...
2
|
It's so interesting! I don't believe in free choice. I believe everything mental about us is due to physical processes &, since we don't control the start of our lives, we simply start & live with the Domino Effect. I believe...
1
|
Arthur Schopenhauer is my favorite philosopher and my own thoughts are strongly influcuenced by him. Furthermore, I appreciate the philosophy of Albert Camus, Aristotle's Poetics and of course the Meditations by Marcus Aurelius - I find peace an...
2
|
If there is no truth then saying "there is no truth" is a lie.
2
|
Today was a study on the Philosopher John Locke, one of the greatest Philosophers of England in the 17th century. My knowledge of him was cursory so upon further reading I can see overall that his ideas are very much in line with my own. One thing I ...
10
|
I feel like Nietzsche has left us in a world that doesn't have any purpose or path to follow, trascendentally speaking: the exact word for that is: Nihilism. With his phrase "God is dead" he practically said that mankind has to create ...
4
|
Do you think we live in a computer simulation? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis
1
|
Political correctness has invaded philosophy too http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4098332/They-Kant-PC-students-demand-white-philosophers-including-Plato-Descartes-dropped-university-syllabus.html I would have liked to study more about Confu...
4
|
I really doubt philosophy would exist if we were immortal beings. Trying to find out the 'why' is nothing but trying to find the 'what for', a way to project ourselves in the future and escape the temporal limits of our lives.
7
|
Albert Camus One of my favorite philosophers is Albert Camus. His novel 'La chute' (in English 'The Fall') contains beautifull quotes by the lawyer who tells his story to the I-person who writes down the 'confession'. ...
4
|
Our world prioritises and rewards people's ability to conform and to fit in, to maintain the expected narrative of culture; go to school, get a job, watch T.V., pay your taxes, keep yourself distracted, don't ask questions. The luxury (or a...
5
|
We so often try to understand things by breaking them down into constituent parts and pieces that we quickly lose sight of what it is we're even trying to understand. We do this at the behest of logic and reason; that by deconstructing a behavio...
0
|
As it relates to the nature of being, "who" or "what" is it that posits the questions of its own matrix structure? Who is that witnessing self within? The perceiver of the perceived - the I AM; I am having a thought. I am having a...
0
|

I Like Philosophy
Categories: Books, Hobbies

I Like Philosophy | Similar Worlds