I Like Philosophy

I guess I wasn't the only one that suddenly felt the need to pick up Albert Camus during these times. For those that want to read the book... this contains all the spoilers. But it's worth the read and worth pondering about in times like th...
3
|
There are a million truths not just one.. what may be true for one person, may not be true for another.. and what may be true today for one person, may not be true tomorrow for that same person.. so truth is never just black or white.. Facts on the...
6
|
I would rather be healthy than honest, honest than rich, rich than respectable, and respectable than satiated.
1
|
After the age of 16, I was drawn to philosophy. I think for me the questions of life have always felt so central to my life. So that how I answered them impacted how i felt. Sometimes it seems you justify your own depression with pseudo philosophy....
1
|
Here is a great place to have debates and talk philosophy.
2
|
5
|
https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/01/55/34/84/Fungirlmmm-tntTqcmSpAQrRnW.jpg For this weeks Fungirlmmm’s challenge: ( you are a superstar setting these for us - thankyou so much .....) That’s me in the mirror (lol) You might think it i...
8
|
The winter seemed never ending, and the Pack was dying of hunger. The leader of the pack, the oldest of them all, was out in front, comforting the young wolves, telling them that spring was coming. But at a certain point one young wolf decides to sto...
1
|
4
|
It bothers me that philosophy isn't a core subject in school. Instead 'science' has taken it's place. Except it isn't even science... it is teachers telling people scientific theories as if they are true and telling people th...
3
|
6
|
It's so interesting! I don't believe in free choice. I believe everything mental about us is due to physical processes &, since we don't control the start of our lives, we simply start & live with the Domino Effect. I believe...
1
|
Arthur Schopenhauer is my favorite philosopher and my own thoughts are strongly influcuenced by him. Furthermore, I appreciate the philosophy of Albert Camus, Aristotle's Poetics and of course the Meditations by Marcus Aurelius - I find peace an...
2
|
Today was a study on the Philosopher John Locke, one of the greatest Philosophers of England in the 17th century. My knowledge of him was cursory so upon further reading I can see overall that his ideas are very much in line with my own. One thing I ...
10
|
I feel like Nietzsche has left us in a world that doesn't have any purpose or path to follow, trascendentally speaking: the exact word for that is: Nihilism. With his phrase "God is dead" he practically said that mankind has to create ...
4
|
Do you think we live in a computer simulation? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis
1
|
Political correctness has invaded philosophy too http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4098332/They-Kant-PC-students-demand-white-philosophers-including-Plato-Descartes-dropped-university-syllabus.html I would have liked to study more about Confu...
4
|
I really doubt philosophy would exist if we were immortal beings. Trying to find out the 'why' is nothing but trying to find the 'what for', a way to project ourselves in the future and escape the temporal limits of our lives.
7
|
Albert Camus One of my favorite philosophers is Albert Camus. His novel 'La chute' (in English 'The Fall') contains beautifull quotes by the lawyer who tells his story to the I-person who writes down the 'confession'. ...
4
|
Our world prioritises and rewards people's ability to conform and to fit in, to maintain the expected narrative of culture; go to school, get a job, watch T.V., pay your taxes, keep yourself distracted, don't ask questions. The luxury (or a...
5
|

I Like Philosophy
Categories: Books, Hobbies

I Like Philosophy | Similar Worlds