I Have a Pet Who Keeps Me Sane

Gracie... Well she keeps me sane and keeps me company. She's got her habits and quirks. We used to go for super long walks together before we moved. I had a large house with floor to ceiling windows overlooking a lovely wooded green belt . She would sit on top of the couch and look out the window most of the day until the kids came home. After I sold the house I started moving furniture immediately. I only had two weeks to move everything by myself and I was an emotional mess. Gracie would follow me around and lay next to me on the rare occasion I was sitting still. After the couch moved ,I couldn't tell you when she noticed exactly but the next morning I opened the blinds as usual and before long I noticed her laying on the floor in the exact spot where she would've been on the couch. I'm adjusting to my new place which is free, so free is good. I have good friends. When I was taking my final load of stuff to my new place it was just me and Gracie. I cried the whole way there. After unlocking the gate and letting her inside she took a quick look around ,found the couch , and planted herself in her spot on top. The view is much different but it doesn't matter to her. I haven't adjusted as quickly as Gracie has but I'm getting there. ( I guess I should say that Gracie is a Schnauzer , she's 6 years old, the best dog ever, and I might be delusional but she's immortal. The Immortal Schnauzer. )
0
|
mrnature
the view that matters is the view of her best friend and beloved master~
ijustneed2talk · 46-50, F
You are fast! Thanks for reading
traceyw66
Im at the start of the same journey. My partner has left and i am now having to move out. My little mia. (Yorkshire terrier x chihuahua) keeps me from totally loosing it as they have needs you must tend to. They truly are a man/womens best friend. I hops you settle in your new home. X

I Have a Pet Who Keeps Me Sane
Categories: Pets, Animals and Nature

Gracie... Well she keeps me... | I Have a Pet Who Keeps Me Sane | Similar Worlds