I Am Afraid of Rejection

Rejection was one of the most terrifying words in my vocabulary. But how can one overcome his/her fear? They face it! It's tough but I realize that people have their likes and dislikes as I do mine. Doesn't stop me from meeting someone, but if they're not interested, on to the next one!
6
|
pianoisland · 26-30, M
Yeah you build up a tolerance eventually, which leads to more confidence!
ijustneed2talk · 46-50, F
This is a very good point and I can say the words and I know what to do but honestly being rejected feels like shit. I only get 'brave' after i realize I hate being alone more than I hate taking the risk of rejection. I'm almost there.
Carissimi · F
One of my greatest fears was growing old alone...and here I am doing just that.

It's amazing what you can do/bear when you have no say in the matter.
Metalhead4175 · 41-45, M
@pianoisland you're right on the money! Plus, why count all your eggs in one basket? There's plenty of fish out there so why sulk over that one bad moment?
leelee20 · 31-35, F
it would be easier if it were just one bad moment. when it happens time and time again, it's just a terrible feeling and it takes more and more to bounce back from, at least in my experience.
That is the way to be!
ijustneed2talk · 46-50, F
@Carissimi another way to look at it is that it's better to be alone sometimes instead of being in a terrible relationship. I wouldn't likely do many of the things I do now if I had a boyfriend or husband. I do admit, it's a little lonely. A snuggle buddy is fun. like you said it's funny what you get used to when you have no say in the matter.

I Am Afraid of Rejection
Categories: Health, Loneliness

Rejection was one of the most terrifying words in ... | I Am Afraid of Rejection | Similar Worlds