I Enjoy Helping Others

what do you do when you buy a CD from amazon and it gets delivered and there is a crack in the cd case

i bought a couple of CDS from amazon yesterday, they were delivered today, the four tops greatest hits and the jacksons greatest hits, double cds, and in both cd cases there were cracks in them...i have already unpackaged the cellophane off the cds, but not yet played them in my stereo.

anyway, what do you do when you discover cracks in brand new cd cases? should i not let it bother me? i haven't enough money to buy replacement cds on amazon...and i couldn't be bothered trying to send them back, that would be a ball ache and inconvenience...plus i have already thrown away the cardboard packaging the cds came in.

any advice?
Kwek00 · 36-40, M
Depends on you, if you don't agree you should send it back.
If not, or if you don't want to bother... then you don't.

CD cases are often pretty flimsy, so I can imagine that they get cracked in Amazon Shipping. You should see how they package expensive books.
uncalled4 · 51-55, M
New cases aren't expensive, and it's easy to swap out the inserts.
TrunkZ · 56-60, M
You may be able to return them locally as at least some Kohls stores are accepting returns on behalf of Amazon.
DawsonsGrove · 51-55, F
they are a dime a dozen at the dollar store.
Bri89 · 31-35, M
It's funny because I received two double CDs yesterday I got from Amazon and the cases were cracked, one so much so that it won't close, but what I would do is get a CD case full of CD sleeves and put them in there.

But all in all, I'd be happy that it is just the case that is cracked and not the CD itself.
Picklebobble2 · 56-60, M
Depends how much hassle you're willing to endure.

By rights these things should arrive in perfect condition. But as we all know Amazon delivery drivers are under the cosh to deliver ASAP and those who load the vans probably the same so things are probably thrown in haphazardly rather than placed properly, and then tossed about before it arrives.

Go ahead and complain, but expect all kinds of excuses before replacements are sent.

And as others have pointed out you can pick up replacement covers in many places these days fairly cheaply.
Aboomachu · 31-35, M
If the cds work fine then no harm no foul
KA9ha · 31-35, M
return it immediately and ask for replacements
whats the big deal, does the music play? if so forget it.

I have completely boycotted Amazon. The damage has gone waaay deeper than a cracked facade 4 me.
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
That's such a common occurrence that I don't think about it anymore, as long as the case is still usable. Every once in a while, I receive one so broken that it falls apart, and then I resort to my stash of empty blank cases I bought at Staples for that purpose.

I Enjoy Helping Others
Doing Good