I Have Something to Say

The extent to which child sexual abuse is tolerated can be sickening

Here is an excerpt from a news report. You can read the whole thing here if you want:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/10/us/bo-schembechler-son-robert-anderson-abuse/index.html

(CNN)The son of the University of Michigan's legendary football coach, Bo Schembechler, is expected to allege publicly Thursday that he was sexually abused by a former team doctor being investigated by the school -- and that his father knew and did nothing, the son's lawyer says.

Matt Schembechler, 62, will speak about "his own abuse by Dr. Anderson and his father's failure to protect him and other athletes," attorney Mick Grewal said.

In an interview with ESPN, the junior Schembechler says Anderson molested him during a physical examination in the 1960s, when he was 10, and Bo Schembechler, his adoptive father, punched him when he reported the abuse.

"It knocked me all the way across the kitchen," he told the sports network.
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
It's appalling.
DrWatson · 61-69, M
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] Adoptive father.
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
[@338282,DrWatson] Maybe I'm wrong - and it doesn't matter anyway. He still had responsibility to protect that child.
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
[@338282,DrWatson] That's worse yet.
minioreosarebomb · 26-30, M
I see this happen too frequently with boys especially. It's never taken seriously.
minioreosarebomb · 26-30, M
[@1212591,HauntedWitch] I mean in the sense that a boy speaks out and is punished. Of course it also happens to girls, but there isn't hoardes of people who believe that girls can't be raped, or that girls need to "man up", you know what I mean?
HauntedWitch · 56-60, F
[@3483,minioreosarebomb] Actually... I'm sorry to say that I do know a lot of people who think that girls need to man up and that rape doesn't really happen -- they really believe that these girls are just a bunch of liars who hate men.
minioreosarebomb · 26-30, M
[@1212591,HauntedWitch] I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm really not. I'm just glad I haven't encountered that kind of person.
Piper · 61-69, F
Yes. In this and many other instances, there is no other conclusion than that the sexual abuse was indeed tolerated. WHY in this particular case, is baffling.
Piper · 61-69, F
[@338282,DrWatson] Evidently. What I'm unaware of though, is why keeping that particular doctor was so important to the coach and apparently...the university.
DrWatson · 61-69, M
[@910977,Piper] I have no idea! I have not followed the details of this all that closely.
Piper · 61-69, F
[@338282,DrWatson] Neither have I, but I did read the linked report about it. So many years of sexual abuse/misconduct reports against Anderson, yet he remained.
Adaydreambeliever · 56-60, FVIP
I don't condone anything but that's the way it was back then.. parent's din't know how to handle it and it was taboo to talk about it.. so they frequently disbelieved or even blamed the child..

This was also the era of religious leaders abusing children, and so much more..

There was so much swept under the carpet back then.. people's lives damaged.. and they just had to live with it
GhostPoncho · 51-55, M
Bo is in heaven with Paterno fucking kids I guess.
curiosi · 56-60, F
The wide open borders are to get the children here to sell to the pedo's. The libs call it "compassion". Children are nothing more then tools for pleasure for many and child abuse wont even be addressed. It's sickening.
Lizzy1970 · 51-55, F
Sad to hear.
Peaches · F
And that Olympic doctor Larry Nassar.😟I watched it on the news and his victims speaking out. My heart broke for them, 💔 some were so young! I loved watching the judge tell him off! Ex-US gymnastics doctor sentenced for dozens of sexual assaults. A Michigan judge who sentenced Dr. Larry Nassar to 40 to 175 years in prison told him, "I just signed your death warrant."
Virgo79 · 56-60, M
I cam have a rope ready in just a few minutes🙂
Everyone's is invited
Peaches · F
That is so awful!🤬I just can't watch stories like this much anymore because it's really upsetting for me.👎
DrWatson · 61-69, M
[@364304,Peaches] They get me really angry.
Peaches · F
[@338282,DrWatson] Me too...no moral compass at all!😔
DawsonsGrove · 51-55, F
I hope they lock up his father as well that's just disgusting.
It sounds like the father handed that boy over to the doctor to be molested. Why would he have hit him for telling what the doctor did to him?
[@338282,DrWatson] well now he’s trashed his own reputation cause this is national news.
DrWatson · 61-69, M
[@16806,cherokeepatti] True. But the sad thing is that it took so long for this to come out, that both the coach and the doctor died awhile ago.
[@338282,DrWatson] wow so sad

I Have Something to Say
Other