I Have Something to Say

Skeptical of Cryptocurrency

Had an interesting conversation with a friend about cryptocurrency. They're for it and have even invested in Bitcoin, or similar. I think it is more open to manipulation than the regular stock market. I have more questions than answers.
Valdaine · M
Same. I don't trust it because we have already seen times when sure and solid things from the internet suddenly go bust with no warning. What is to stop Bitcoin from suddenly deciding one day to shut down and those in charge hope the first plane to parts unknown?
MJMidnight · M
[@573519,Valdaine] Exactly. I admit I'm not an expert, but, I do have a basic understanding. I think it's telling that Warren Buffett is against it.
Valdaine · M
[@1198401,MJMidnight] i admit i don't know enough about it to make an informed judgement (which is why i stay away from it). For instance, i don't know what the value is based upon. What does one Bitcoin represent in the physical world?
MJMidnight · M
[@573519,Valdaine] One of my main questions is about where does it get its value from?

I Have Something to Say
Other