I Have Something to Say

Why is it that a learned, erudite, person has so little control over his body and a simple, uncomplicated person has a great control over it?!

By control over body I mean. A good digestion, good sleep, no or very few chronic illnesses, physical immunity, etc etc...
1
|
its these silly little things called hormones that are the translators between your mind and body.. over thinking and worrying causes the nasty ones like cortisol and adrenaline to shut down the less essential bodily functions (digestion, immune system, sleep etc) so the essential ones (oxygen, brain, heart) can perform better. It is supposed to be short term and counteracted with relaxation and fun stuff which promotes good hormones like oxytocin and seratonin which repair cells that are damaged by the stresses..but long term stress without some fun/love/ relaxation damages alot. Switch the brain off sometimes and just enjoy shit.
Unlearn · 36-40, M
Amen!

I Have Something to Say
Categories: Other

Why is it that a learned, erudite, person has so l... | I Have Something to Say | Similar Worlds