I Have Something to Say

Now he cares... now he wants to be better... now he realizes the pain that was caused and the damage that was left in its wake. But since he has "changed" for the better I am the bad guy for still wanting out. I know I will always care for him. His happiness is still important to me. So, when I see him hurting with this new reality I feel bad. I want to make him feel better but in my mind that would be a step backwards. Tell me.... am I a horrible person for watching his suffering and not staying to keep him happy.
3
|
doctorlove · M
They call it 'going back' because it's backwards. Good luck to you.
You can't have it both ways. If you stay, he be happy but you won't and if you left you may feel remorse but that will pass as for him his happiness can be found in so many ways but it can not be dependent onto you. Cut the ties, walk away and let your wounds with each other heal by time
thinkincubes · 36-40, M
Get out and stay out. Guilt is terrible relationship glue.
luckranger71 · 46-50, M
This. It's really awful of him to pull the guilt trip on you now. Classic Borderline Personality move.
Belovebelight · 36-40, F
@luckranger71: today he told me he was going to file. I think he was surprised when I just gave him a blank stare and said ok
luckranger71 · 46-50, M
@Be-love-be-light: good. Let's see if his actions match his worlds. I know you hurt for your kids but long term they will be better off to not live in dysfunction. Best to you and them!

I Have Something to Say
Categories: Other

Now he cares... now he wants to be better... now h... | I Have Something to Say | Similar Worlds