I Have Something to Say
IMHO, the amount of marketing and advertising in the world needs to be sharply reduced.

I resent being constantly “sold to.” I don’t need any more suggestions for how to spend my money. If I actually *need* a product, I am quite capable of looking for it myself.

We live in a world where it seems at least 75% of the time somebody communicates with you, they are trying to get you to buy something.

If you want to talk to me or tell me a story - great. If you just want to get me to buy something - go away.
Justmerae · 51-55, F
I have this bridge ....🤪
DDonde · 26-30, M
hear hear
luctoretemergo · 61-69, M
Sadly...this has been going on since the printed word was invented. Now it's down to a science (literally!). Whether it's putting kids cereal on the lower shelves so kids will see them or the types of commercials on tv (endless pharmaceutical commercials during the nightly news because our age group is the only people that watch the nightly news!)...we won't even talk about the Godz of Amazon and Apple watching what we do....One of the few advantages of maturity is being an educated consumer. Kids?...they don't stand a chance...RESISTANCE IS FUTAL! :)
NativeOregonian · 46-50
Because buying, according to the "experts", contributes to the economy, theirs. They want to keep you poor so that they get all the money.
goldenorchid · 46-50, F
You sound so much like my husband.
SamtheDog · M
Capitalism 🤷‍♂️
lasergraph · 61-69, M
We all hate advertising as we are constantly bombarded by ads that are even more tailored to our habits. We have also grown accustomed to what those ad dollars pay for. We are quick to "Google" for information. We do it all the time, because it's free, except that it isn't. Bandwidth and equipment cost money that ad dollars pay for just like Google maps (my personal favorite). This isn't even including our "FREE" phone apps.
lasergraph · 61-69, M
What is even worse is how they target ads just to you because all your devices and social media are spies for the ad industry.

I Have Something to Say
Other