I Have Something to Say
Ringo Starr,(Richard Starkey) is releasing yet another solo album. He has songs written by each of the other Beatles members in this one.

In an early interview John Lennon was asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world. John replied, "He isn't even the best drummer in the band."
graphite · 56-60, M
Except that John never said that. It was some comedian.
uncalled4 · 51-55, M
[@698333,graphite] Jasper Carrott. Yup. "If it's on the Internet, it must be true."

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDXaq6c_UWY]
Quizzical · 41-45, M
I love that quote/misquote, lol
SmartKat · 56-60, F
😂 I was always sort of “meh” on Ringo.
lasergraph · 70-79, M
[@64306,SmartKat] Ringo replaced Pete Best in 62 because of his "personality" not talent. Ringo was so bad in the beginning that studio drummers sat in for early recordings. McCarthy sat in as a drummer on a couple of occasions when Ringo was unavailable.
VSonMe · 56-60, M
[quote]In an early interview John Lennon was asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world.[/quote]

MY GRANDAD was the best drummer who ever lived, despite only having biscuit tins for a drum kit and two rolling pins for sticks. Although he had a poor sense of timing and rhythm, he compensated with a heavy handed playing style and practised enthusiastically for 18 hours a day. My Nan didn't appreciate his skills, however, and after 50 years of pounding, she stabbed him in the throat in 1985.

I Have Something to Say
Other