This post may contain Adult content.
Doing Good

Shouldn't teenagers (age 16 and above) have a legal right to have sex at home?

Some school districts distribute condoms. Shouldn't teenagers have a legal right to use those condoms at home?

justanothername · 51-55, M
Yes they should.
in some US states they can have consensual sex at 16 - in others 18

in the UK I think it is 16

at home? they still live under their parent(s) roof so - their rules.
SilkandLace2 · 41-45, M
[@15458,Usedtohaveanoffensiveusername] good call
[@15458,Usedtohaveanoffensiveusername] Some school districts distribute condoms to kids. Those school districts are enabling sex. Kids like to say, "It's just fucking." And they're right. [i] It's no big deal.[/i] Get over it. Sexual inhibition leads to neurosis. You want your kids to be neurotic?
[@561441,FrogManSomtimesLooksBothWays] I don't want them to be parents.
RedBaron · M
Teens generally are prevented from having relationships more by geekiness and undeveloped social skills than by any laws.
justanothername · 51-55, M
The irony of living in the US where it’s more socially accepted to shoot and kill a human with an assault rifle at any age than it is to have sex (legally at 18) or drink legally at 21.
RedBaron · M
[@539784,justanothername] In what part of the US (or anywhere else) is that the case? None that I am aware of. But your hyperbole is good, so there's that.
Tastyfrzz · 56-60, M
Only if it doesn't include intercourse so as to not have the risk of pregnancy.
[@391032,Tastyfrzz] 🤔
Tastyfrzz · 56-60, M
[@561441,FrogManSomtimesLooksBothWays] kind of like going to a buffet and not eating. I know..
[@391032,Tastyfrzz] That's what condoms are for!! Let's you eat and not get fat at the buffet!
ninalanyon · 61-69, T
Why is this such a contentious issue for so many people, especially (it seems), in the US.

If they want to bring a friend home and have sex that is surely better than them doing it sneakily somewhere else.

Just make sure they have a supply of condoms, and lubrication if necessary; make sure they know how to put condoms on; make sure they are not being pressured into it.

And tell them to keep the noise down!

Once you've done all that I suspect they probably won't bother anyway.

Doing Good