I Am Against Animal Cruelty

Loving animals means loving all animals, not just the ones we think are "cute". Animals pay a dear price, simply for being born in a world where humans see them as "property". These beings are living, breathing, hurting members of our global family. For the screams that go unheard, and the cries that go unanswered, we should stand against animal cruelty.

We do not need to use animals for entertainment purposes, and our only defense these uses is our pleasure, amusement, and convenience. Our indifference or cruelty towards fellow creatures of this world sooner or later affects the treatment we mete out to other human beings. An animal experiment cannot be justifiable unless the experiment is so important that the use of a brain-damaged human would be justifiable.
Gaiia · F
What about insects, like fleas and mosquitoes should we love them as other bigger animals?
I don't.
Madeleine · 41-45, F
[@536386,Gaiia] If they are harmful to you, then yes.
Gaiia · F
[@2684,Madeleine] mostly to my cats, fleas , thankfully hardly deal with mosquitoes
DunDunDun · 18-21, F
[@536386,Gaiia] Do you really see no difference between killing an insect because if you don't then it will cause harm to others, and just killing an insect for no reason?
dentope3 · M
I have a real soft spot for feral cats. have a whole colony I feed daily
Emortal · M
I hear you. What do you think of people who treat animals better than humans?
ScarletMoonEmpire · 36-40, F
[@536386,Gaiia] [c=#359E00]are they mean people?[/c]
Gaiia · F
[@659125,Esmeralda] no, it's just me, love to be alone and with animals.
Though I can enjoy interacting with people.
Or observing them.
I have always felt different and rather like animals.
I keep a distance with people.
Only when I fall in love I get too close. In my opinion...

Otherwise you'll see I need to keep a distance from people even if I like them
ScarletMoonEmpire · 36-40, F
[@536386,Gaiia] [c=#359E00]oooh.. okay sorry i didn't knew that there is also people like you, interesting[/c]
Jackaloftheazuresand · 26-30, M
dolphins and chimps engage in sadism. Why should humans be singled out. Are we above animals or allowed their concessions, you can't say both
Madeleine · 41-45, F
[@383281,Jackaloftheazuresand] We should stand against that.
JenKarl · 41-45, C
They should be arrested[@383281,Jackaloftheazuresand]
ScarletMoonEmpire · 36-40, F
[c=#359E00]But what happened now is : millions of people crying when see a cat suffering but tottaly okay if mountain goat die by rifle or arrow[/c]
Madeleine · 41-45, F
[@659125,Esmeralda] I agree. It's puzzling.
ScarletMoonEmpire · 36-40, F
[@2684,Madeleine] [c=#359E00]because people being confused and don't understand the right concept of loving animals[/c]
luv2fly352 · 70-79, M
"A person's heart may be truly judged in their treatment of animals". - Author unknown.
gmatthewb · 46-50, M
Well said, I agree fully.
JenKarl · 41-45, C
People using animals for pleasure usually treat them exceptionally well.
Emortal · M
[@564356,JenKarl] pleasure without the animal's consent? How dare you?😂
Pianist1234 · 26-30, M
do you eat chicken
Pianist1234 · 26-30, M
[@2684,Madeleine] you are an idiot .
DunDunDun · 18-21, F
[@545518,Pianist1234] We don't need meat to be healthy and animals are treated horribly when raised for slaughter and it's impossible to kill an animal in a nice way. Even if there were some farms that somehow gave all their animals perfect lives and belly rubs everyday, the chance that you could be buying meat from another farm should be good enough to make you go vegan.
Pianist1234 · 26-30, M
[@882955,DunDunDun] Not eating any makes one a vegan . And if you really want to kill an animal and eat it and not call it cruelty then why not wait for it to get old and die .
Dale321 · M
This sounds like a noble position but you carry it to the extreme making it rediculous.

I Am Against Animal Cruelty
Beliefs Health