Archived Questions

In your opinion, is media* a reason behind the low self-esteem young generations (25 and below) have?
*Media includes everything from TV (movies, series, and shows), Internet, Ads, and ... etc.
0
|
savysue2
Yes
tonyt53
No. Too much easy access to see the excesses that others may have, and that makes a person feel less about themselves.
Vivific
Yes. I didn't really feel insecure about my eyebrow until I saw a Twitter account basically makin fun of girls with thick eyebrows :/
mysmugcat
yes comparing yourself to.others on Fb, abuse on.media sites, exploitation and grooming of young people on.these sites etc. I'm not saying it's all bad but it happens.
MorningThunder
Yes. Even most photos online have some form of editing. It sets an unachievable form of beauty for people.
isftpoawawh
It's a small part of it, our whole system is the reason, where we are all broken down to fill our selected "niches" in life. We are pushed towards being part of a machine from a young age. It goes against our very self worth that this takes place. That doesn't make one feel good about themselves! :(

Archived Questions
Updated: 1 yr ago

In your opinion, is media* a reason behind the low... | Archived Questions | Similar Worlds