Archived Questions

Should school uniforms be banned?
Why/Why not? Explain. :)
0
|
pondman
I'm in favor of school uniforms. There is a lot of data that supports the idea that student achievement is higher with school uniforms.
tonyt53
I actually think they aren't a bad idea. It makes things easier on the families and stops fashion envy between students.
Dainbramadge
Naw leave them. At least you know what your wearing every day
UncIeAIbert
No. They make everyone equal, those who can't aford the latest fashions don't stand out and get bullied.
Ferric67
Uniforms suck period.
UncIeAIbert
Is that a fetish?
Ferric67
I just dislike uniforms, they kill individuality.
rememberaday
No?
HulCAWmania
yes & no, really depends, but i'd say everyone has a right to state their fashion statement.

since i come from a private school, we are required to wear those damn warm blazers, and i live in a freaking tropical country for damn sake. the one who enforced that said that it will make us look "professional" sheesh
AnnaSpring
no. I just belive they should be less strict on the way we wear our hear or the Polish we use on our nails. The tell our to be creative and individual but how are we meant to when we all look the same and have absolutely no choice in what we wear.
picklebobble
The classic argument. One the one hand, everybody looks the same. So whatever background you come from, rich or not so. There's no distinction.
on the other, uniform is expensive! And if you have two or three children in school. It's very expensive!!!

Archived Questions

Should school uniforms be banned? | Archived Questions | Similar Worlds