I Am Prejudiced

I try to confront my own prejudices routinely.

I'm far from an expert on most topics so it's important to look at the things I believe and doubt them.

One belief I struggle to get away from is around fluidity of sexual attraction.

I tend to assume that women are more likely to be bisexual, and are more likely to shift from straight to gay or vice versa. I think this is because women are more likely to be open about their attractions, whereas men will bottle it up if they are interested in other men. Another thing to thank toxic masculinity for!

Please correct me if I've used the wrong words in this. Language is important.
Miram · 26-30, F
That's possible in your communities. I've never read any studies about it.

Are you bisexual?
CheshireCatalyst · 36-40, M
[@542305,Miram] no, it's one of the things I've always been completely sure about.

I've considered it, double checked that I'm not hiding any feelings because of the way they would be judged, but nothing.

Although weirdly I have expressed that if it ever became possible to bodyswap for a day and be a woman I'd go for a gangbang immediately 🤣
adorbz · 22-25, F
I mean a man bottling up bisexuality wouldn't make him not bisexual 😅
CheshireCatalyst · 36-40, M
[@1027452,adorbz] I know, but it's a cliché for men to grow up 'completely straight' and become very conservative, very homophobic, because they've beat those feelings down so much over the course of many years until they become toxic.
johnbgood · 46-50, M
Britain has always been a bit screwy about this.

Growing up in a country where a man being interested in another man is at best made fun off, but more usually persecuted, whilst a woman being interested in another woman was deemed to be "hot", is bound to have screwed up generations of people.

Thank God, things are more open and acceptable these days.
CheshireCatalyst · 36-40, M
[@856134,johnbgood] this is a really good summary of my school and teenage years. Lots of 'gay' being used as an insult while encouraging female friends to kiss.
johnbgood · 46-50, M
[@337880,CheshireCatalyst] You and me both
amethyst1 · 36-40, F
I think this is true.
Experiment with a guy.
CheshireCatalyst · 36-40, M
[@25627,Selah] I did. We invented calcium

I Am Prejudiced
I spelled it right this time!