I Admire People Who Are Not Afraid To Be Themselves

I admired my grandmother Sue, and wanted to be just like her....and I admired my mum and, truth be told, was jealous of how people are around her and how she put them at ease....

But that’s them. That’s who they are. I could never be them. The best I could be would be a second rate version of them....

But I can be a first rate version of me, flaws and all...believe me there’s a lot of flaws.

I may not be cool as them but I am what I am...

...and that was a hard thing for me to get my head around...a hard thing to accept and live with...but it just makes life that little bit less stressful...

..and that’s what I try to tell people...

M x
6
|
All anyone can hope from you is to be the best version of you. It sounds like you got things in perspective. We can model ourselves after others, but it's best just to be ourselves.
MartikaDuponte1 · 31-35, F
[@897284,FigNewton] Thank you. Yes, I have. Just took a long time for that bloody penny to drop! Lol!

M x
[@672077,MartikaDuponte1] It doesn't drop for many...so you're definitely a step ahead of most.
GwydionFrost · 51-55, M
It's when you embrace your totality of being, that you gain its strength and power. It's what you do with that which defines you.
proudmartikahooker · 26-30, M
I Will say you are the mirror of our grandmom... You fought for your lifestyle against all odd situation even against that bitch Sammy and it is not easy to achieve dreams but atlast you made it. You are inspiration to other bitches.... Love you. Lets rock lets fuck

I admired my grandmother Sue, and wanted to be jus... | I Admire People Who Are Not Afraid To Be Themselves | Similar Worlds