Experiences

Why do you end up blaming yourself after being bullied
2
|
Sarupticious · 41-45, F
Do I?
curiosi · 56-60, F
No, my mother is the biggest nastiest bully ever born. I was raised to be bullied. While I am learning to avoid the bullies, I have had to forgive myself for not knowing.
MakeAspirit · 36-40, M
[@423488,curiosi] for not knowing what curiosi. Forgiving yourself for what . Cause my experience you'd end up turning your back on God and when that happens , bitterness comes , and a lot more disturbing thoughts . I actually used get drained from it
curiosi · 56-60, F
[@21154,MakeAspirit] Growing up being bullied it was just normal for me to be bullied. The kids at school can spot it and will bully you as well. I didn't know that I shouldn't allow people to bully me.
MakeAspirit · 36-40, M
[@423488,curiosi] curiosi do you know one thing with all of that is that you grow spiritually very fast , that's if you dont re act to it
AgapeLove · 22-25, M
Because bullies pick on the weak, so when I got bullied as a kid i felt like I was weak and therefore worthless as a male which caused a shit ton of depression for me
Justsayit · 56-60, F
[@712527,AgapeLove] :-(
I hope u feel ok now!
MakeAspirit · 36-40, M
[@712527,AgapeLove] I dont know how I didnt end up getting depressed from it . Never did , It didnt take much out of me only super suspicious over people . I dont think I'd never trust someone again and that includes everyone
AgapeLove · 22-25, M
[@426791,Justsayit] I feel better now!
Justsayit · 56-60, F
Good q..never had that problem, but it is puzzling!
Olivine · 26-30
I would blame my own failure to conform. I would blame myself for being different. For being poor, for being overweight, for being too shy. For not being "normal". Adolescence is a rough time for everybody. People are struggling to find their identity and their place in society. A young mind still places a lot of importance on fitting in. Really, the bullies are to blame for their insecurities and inability to accept their own differences. They lash out at those who are seen to be not acceptable in order to assure their own acceptance, even if only in their own mind. It is never the victim's fault that they are bullied. Even if a person was flawless, a bully would find something to pick at and make them feel insecure.
MakeAspirit · 36-40, M
[@928268,Olivine] God you have it to a T . I think to that there main objective is to make you paranoid about yourself
iamnikki · 26-30, F
thinking of what I could have done differently, which would have perhaps caused me to not have been bullied.

Experiences

Why do you end up blaming yourself after being bul... | Experiences | Similar Worlds